2A Magazine is pleased to announce the first annual 2A Asia Architecture Award; 2AAA 2015, which celebrates “The Emergence of Contemporary Architecture in Asia”. Accordingly, the event will highlight Asian achievements in Architecture in terms of contemporary challenges of the field and will enhance a wider and more qualified dialogue between architects in Asia.
As a part of its growing activities, 2A is now organizing 2A Asia Architecture Award (2AAA) as an annual event. This continent-wide award recognizes and acknowledges architects who have engaged in creating and designing buildings and cities in Asia originating from their specific cultural and geographical localities which possess specific characteristics attributable to their local origins.
- Registration takes place in two stages and is free of charge.
- The submission process is completely digital and online through the Registration part of Award website.
It is open to all entrants who can meet these conditions:
- The Project should have been built in one of the Asian countries.
- The project completion date should be after 2001.
- Registration opens June 15, 2015
- Registration closes July 15,2015
The following criteria will be considered to recognize and honor a built project in Asia that has produced significant contributions to humanity and built environment.
- Design Achievement;
- Technical advancement, includes engineering achievements (structural, mechanical,...) and innovative use of materials;
- Reflection of sense of place, of ecology and environmental sustainability, and of cultural identity;
- Social responsibility and community and urban connectivity;
- The effects of economical conditions on the project.
- Sinan Mert Sener -(Turkey) -PhD, Architect, Faculty Dean at Istanbul Technical University (ITU), Faculty of Architecture
- Seung H-Sang- (South Korea)-Architect, Founder of IROJE Architects &
- Bahram Shirdel -(Iran)- Architect, Director of Shirdel & Associates Architects and urban planners
- Romi Khosla-(India)- Architect, Founder of Romi Kholsa Design Studio, Principle Consultant to UNDP, UNESCO and UNOPS
- Yavuz Selim Sepin -(Turkey)- Architect, Researcher, Professor of Yildiz Technical University, Maltepe University & Okan University
Awards and Exhibition:
The 2015 Award will be accompanied by an event taking place in Istanbul in 15 and 16 October 2015, including the award ceremony, the exhibition of finalist projects and an international conference. More details about 2015 event will follow shortly.
- The top two winners in each Award category will receive gold and silver medals, respectively.
- Upon Jury’s approving decision there might also be some special mentions in each category.
- The special mentions will receive certificates of recognition and memorial plaques.
- Projects of all participants will be published in a special edition of 2A Magazine and extra pages will be allocated to the winners and special mentions.
- A report and film of the jury board, including professional comments on all projects, lectures and exhibitions, will be published in 2AAA website.
- Yasin Cagatay Seckin - (Turkey) –PhD, Vice Dean of ITU, Faculty of Architecture, Department of Landscape Architecture
- Sebnem Yalinay - (Turkey) –PhD, Head of Architecture Department, Istanbul Bilgi University
- Negar Kalantar Mehrjardi - (U.S.) – Member of Editorial board of 2A magazine, Assistant professor, Department of Architecture at Texas A&M
- Hyejung Chang- (U.S.) –PhD, Assistant Professor, Department of Landscape Architecture, Clemson University, South Carolina
- Alison B. Snyder - (U.S.) –PhD, Associate Professor, Department of Architecture, University of Oregon
- Marveh Farhoodi- (Iran)- Architect, Editor of 2A magazine, Sustainable Design Researcher
- Mehdi Gerami -- (Iran)- Principal Architect and Managing Director of Kelyas Kavir Architects
- ITU (Istanbul Technical University)
- The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
- The Research Institute for Cultural Heritage and Tourism of Iran (RICHT)
- Istanbul Bilgi University
- 2A Magazine, Ahmad Zohadi (CEO, Editor in Chief and Publisher of 2A)
For complete information, more upcoming details of the event and registration, please visit award website at: www.asiaarch2a.com
About 2A Magazine:
2A Magazine, the Middle East regional source for information regarding architecture, design and art. 2A mission is to establish a polyphonic relationship with international professional audience and to make a communication bridge between eastern and western architects facilitating their interaction and sharing of their artistic and architectural creativities and innovations.
2A has always looked for new ways of looking at architecture and art. Understanding the significance of non-physical aspects of architecture, which have been neglected or in some places completely ignored, 2A has decided to focus more on this theme, because we believe the future of architecture can be enriched if we incorporate the non-physical aspects into the physical designs.
For more information about 2A magazine please refer to magazine web site at: www.2amagazine.com
Comment as :