Open Call : Seoul Yeoui-Naru Ferry Terminal Design Competition
-Yeoui-Naru—Ferry Terminal (terminal and ticket office, etc.), observatory, amenities, etc.
-Expectation of excellence in landmark design plan
- Contractor : Seoul Metropolitan Government Public Development Center
- Location : on the Han-river(han-gang, Seoul, S.Korea)
- First Prize : Design Contract for the Construction Documents
- Website : http://project.seoul.go.kr
Seoul Metropolitan Government is in process of planning on “Seoul Yeoui-Naru Ferry Terminal”And for this, “Seoul Yeoui-Naru Ferry Terminal Design Competition” will be held and announced on February 9. Total prize amount will be approximately 1,045,000,000 KRW, and the winner will be granted a right to sign the design contract.
The design competition, as the priority project of the 4 Core Projects of the Han River Cooperation Project, aims to create a ferry terminal which manges water transportation and various vessels including private and government vessels in an integrated manner. The site, one of the tourist attractions in Seoul, is able to display the natural and urban scenery of Seoul. Also, the current facilities on the site are convenient to use among those in the Han River zones and provide easy access to the citizens. In particular, it is expected to be an important site that domestic and foreign tourists visit. Therefore, this competition should contribute to the design of ferry terminal as a new spot on the Han River, where everyone can come and enjoy. This competition is also expected to maximize the scenery of the Han River as well as keep the original functions and roles of the ferry terminal.
Registration for the competition is available through Thursday Feb. 9, 2017 ~ Monday, Apr. 10 (by 17:00) on Seoul Public Building Design Competition website “Let’s Design Seoul” (http://project.seoul.go.kr) and submission of entry work is due Wednesday, May. 17, 2017 at Public Development Center, Seoul Metropolitan Government and website.
- Alejandro Zaera Polo (President, AZPML)
- Choi Moongyu (Professor, Yonsei University)
- Choi JeongKwon (Professor, Gachon University)
- Park SunWoo (Professor, Korea national University of Arts)
- Ryue Nishizawa (President, Ryue Nishizawa)
Comment as :