Faced with the growing interest of students in the subject of bio-sourced materials, Karibati and its partners are launching the 2018 edition of the national student competition for bio-based architecture,! MPAC
At the end, more than 10 000 € prize for the laureates, a presentation of their projects at the national awards ceremony at the City of Architecture and Heritage, and a publication in the journal Ecologik!
The contest registration is free and open to all architecture students, possibly associated with students from other disciplines. It is done via a simple form.
Applicants must propose a construction or rehabilitation project integrating biobased materials, according to the criteria of the "bio-based building" label, defined by the decree of 19 December 20121. This regulatory label only concerns new construction. A proposal to adapt this label to rehabilitation is provided on the KARIBATI website in the contest area (http://www.karibati.fr/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/160817-Avis- expert-criteria-biobased-renovation.pdf). The participants will have to refer to it. If it is considered relevant, the use of a project already elaborated within the framework of the studies is authorized, subject to the respect of the objectives of level 3 of the label "biobased building" or its proposal of adaptation to rehabilitation.
CHOICE OF SITE
Each student or team of students is asked to choose an existing site, integrating or not a pre-existing frame. This choice will be submitted to the teacher-tutor who will have authority to validate or not the choice of proposed site.
The candidates will have to propose a project meeting the criteria of level 3 of the label "building biosourced", without any other constraint of program or size.Il could be a new construction, a part of work in extension or in elevation (on which level 3 of the label will be targeted) and / or a renovation operation.
- December 15, 2017: Opening of registrations
- May 13, 2018: Closing of registrations
- July 13, 2018: Deadline for receipt of projects
- October 2018: Award ceremony at the City of Architecture and Heritage
The entry form is subject to a number of requirements, the main points of which are listed on this page. It must be returned to us digitally before July 13, 2018. For more details, please refer to the contest rules.
The digital participation record must include the following:
- a board in A0 format
- a summary of the project: 4 pages maximum, A4 format
- a notebook attached to the summary (descriptive and explanatory note): 30 pages maximum, A4 format
- a copy of the student cards or
- a certificate of registration to a French school
- an attestation from the tutor-tutor of the project (template provided in annex 1 of the regulation)
All these elements must be saved in PDF format, with a definition of 300 dpi for the board. The board is intended to be printed in A0 format.
- The national laureate 3000 €
- (10) Regional winners 1000 €
Comment as :