Art Complex—combination of art archive, library and museum with local and historical resources as the medium
Expectation of innovative designs that will realize the new form of institute
Seoul Metropolitan Government is in process of planning on “Art Complex, Pyeongchang-dong, Seoul (working title).”And for this, “Design Competition: Art Complex, Pyeongchang-dong, Seoul” will be held and announced on November 4. Total prize amount will be approximately 75,000,000 KRW, and the winner will be granted a right to sign the design contract.
Art Complex aims to contribute to the development of local community, maturity of cultural environment and communication between artistic activities by formation of a complex cultural space for combination of enjoyment of culture, research & development and learning with use of abundant local historical infrastructure and the art archive as the medium.
The competition seeks for openness, combination and connection among the space elements instead of division by function. Therefore, the design is expected to be an innovative plan that forms connection and interaction between materials and activities throughout the space. Also, it must be an eco-friendly space that is in harmony with Bukhansan, Bugaksan and the surrounding natural environment.
Registration for the competition is available through Friday Nov. 4, 2016 ~ Wednesday, Jan. 25 (by 17:00) on Seoul Public Building Design Competition website “Let’s Design Seoul” (http://project.seoul.go.kr) and submission of entry work is due Wednesday, Feb. 1, 2017 at Seoul Urban Space Improvement Bureau.
- Competition Title Design Competition : Art Complex, Pyeongchang-dong, Seoul
- Registration Deadline Wednesday, Jan. 25. 2017, 17:00 p.m. (Korean Standard Time, UTC+9)
- Submission Deadline Wednesday, Feb. 1, 2017, 17:00 p.m. (Korean Standard Time, UTC+9)
- Announcement of Winners Monday, Feb. 20, 2017
- Award Ceremony Monday, Feb. 20, 2017
- Contractor Museum Division, Culture Planning Bureau, Culture Headquarters, Seoul Metropolitan Government
- Location 148-16, Pyeongchang-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul, and 8 additional blocks
- First Prize Design Contract for the Construction Documents
- Website http://project.seoul.go.kr
Comment as :