UIA HYP Cup 2017 International Student Competition in Architectural Design
Theme: Architecture in Transformation
Topic: Transformation and Reconquest
Jury Chairman: Jean Nouvel
Registration Deadline: July 31, 2017
Submission Deadline: August 31, 2017
Jury Convenes: September, 2017
I. MISSION STATEMENT
Architecture in Transformation should respond to contemporary challenges and changes. What concerns us primarily is the relationship between architecture and environment, so as to the image of city. The competition aims at searching and constructing human space with a Spirit of Place in the increasingly fragmented cities and unordered villages, exploring environment-friendly and sustainable ideas in the information age, and integrating creative concepts with solid basic skills in architectural design. The competition requires the participants to make detailed insights and reflections on architectural history, explore complicated coordinated demands of architecture and environment, pay attention to events in specific sites, and configure viable urban and architectural spaces.
2017 marks the sixth edition of UIA-HYP Cup International Student Competition in Architectural Design, the sole annual international architecture competition for students in Mainland China that receives the support of Union International des Architects (UIA). It is a platform for global architecture students to approach the theme “Architecture in Transformation”, and for the rest of the world to check out the latest trend of Chinese architectural education. The jury members include the leading architects, deans and directors from top architecture schools. With its challenging topics, prestigious jury panel as well as professional operation, UIA-HYP Cup competition has grown to become a major student competition in China and its global profile continues to rise.
Transformation and Reconquest
The metropolis of the 21st century takes up too much room... It sprawls... It must not keep evolving simply by expanding. What vital and disruptive architectures can you come up with to transform the existing spaces of your choice?
Union International des Architectes (UIA)
School of Architecture, Tianjin University;
Urban Environment Design (UED) Magazine
School of Architecture, South China University of Technology
Chinese National Supervision Committee of Higher Architecture Education;
Chinese National Evaluation Committee of Higher Architecture Education;
Architecture Art Committee of China Artists Association
Shanghai HYP-ARCH Architectural Design Consultant CO., LTD.
School of Architecture, Tsinghua University；College of Architecture and Urban Planning, Tongji University；School of Architecture, Southeast University; School of Architecture, South China University of Technology; Faculty of Architecture and Urban Planning, Chongqing University; School of Architecture, Harbin Institute of Technology
The University of Hong Kong; The Chinese University of Hong Kong; National Cheng Kung University; Tunghai University; Chung Yuan Christian University; TamKang University; Zhejiang University; Huazhong University of Science and Technology; Dalian University of Technology; Hunan University; Nanjing University; Peking University; Beijing University of Civil Engineering and Architecture; Hefei University of Technology; Shenyang Jianzhu University; China Central Academy of Fine Arts; Shenzhen University; Xiamen University; Shanghai Jiao Tong University; Inner Mongolia University of Technology; Shandong Jianzhu University; Hebei University of Technology; Southwest Jiaotong University; North China University of Technology; Beijing University of Technology; Tianjin Chengjian University; Beijing Jiaotong University; Fuzhou University; Qingdao University of Technology
The Architect; New Architecture; Architecture & Detail; Architecture & Culture; Designer & Designing; Urbanism and Architecture (UA); Architecture Technique (AT); the Chinese Version of A+U; Urban China; archreport.com.cn; Design Community; soufun.com; focus.com; dichan.sina.com.cn; tj.sina.com.cn; ABBS; arch.liwai.com; newsccn.com; chla.com.cn; artron.net; house365.com
Jean Nouvel, Famous French Architect；the 2008 Pritzker Architecture Prize Laureate
Executive Jury Chairman:
Cui Kai, UIA Representative; Academician of the Chinese Academy of Engineering; Chinese Architecture Design Master
Zhuang Weimin Dean of School of Architecture, Tsinghua University.
Li Zhenyu, Dean of the College of Architecture and Urban Planning, Tongji University
Han Dongqing, Dean of School of Architecture, Southeast University
Zhang Qi, Dean of School of Architecture, Tianjin University.
Sun Yimin, Dean of School of Architecture, South China University of Technology
Qi Xin, Chief Architect of Qixin Architects and Engineers
Peng Lixiao, Chief Editor of Urban Environment Design (UED) Magazine; Guest Professor of the School of Architecture, Tianjin University
Gong Jun, Executive Director; General Manager and Design Director of HYP-ARCH Architectural Design Consultant CO., LTD.
Chairman: Kong Yuhang, Deputy Dean of the School of Architecture, Tianjin University
VI. PRIZE AND AWARD
1st Prize (1 team)
Certificate and 100,000 RMB (approx.15, 000 USD) (before tax);
2nd Prize (3 teams)
Certificate and 30,000 RMB (approx.5, 000 USD) (before tax);
3rd Prize (8 teams)
Certificate and 10,000 RMB (approx. 1, 700 USD) (before tax);
Honorable Mentions (20 teams)
Certificate and 6-month free subscription of UED magazine;
Advisors of prize-winning projects will also be awarded with certificates;
Prize winners will have an opportunity to intern at prestigious architectural firms through the “Learning Design with Master Architects” program.
1. This is a fair competition open to all architecture students around the globe. Full-time on-campus architecture students from accredited institutions (including graduate students and PhD candidates) can participate alone or as a team with team members of no more than four people and advisors of no more than two.
2. Only the team leader will be contacted when necessary if students participate as a team.
3. Log on http://hypcup2017.uedmagazine.... “Online Registration” to fill out the registration form and submit online. Participants will get a serial number (please take care to preserve it as each participant/participating team has only one serial number). The registration concludes on July 31, 2017. It is free to register.
4. Please submit the digital version of drawings and related documents to firstname.lastname@example.org before the submission deadline. The organizing committee accepts no printed version. Entries will be printed and exhibited together in due time.
5. With the assistance of the committee, the jury will meet and decide the winners.
6. The committee will announce the winners in September 2017. In December 2017, the winning entries will be exhibited and there will be a prize-awarding ceremony early next year.
7. Inquiries related to the competition will be responded to via e-mail: email@example.com.
Registration Begins: January 16, 2017
Registration Deadline: July 31, 2017
Submission Deadline: August 31, 2017
Jury Convenes: September 2017
Result Announced: September 2017
1. Please submit the digital version of drawings and related documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.Please include “competition” in the e-mail subject line. Entries will be printed and laid out by the committee.
2. Language: English
3. Scale and dimensions must be in metric units.
4. Documents: Recognizable scanned copy of passport and student card should be attached in the e-mail. Students themselves are responsible for theof the documents.
5. Entry Requirements
a. Specification: The layout of the 841mm x 594mm drawing should be horizontal. Each work should be composed of 3 drawings.
b. Content: Site-plan that can fully express the design intention; plans, elevations and sections; perspective drawing, illustration and a design description of about 500 words (to be integrated in the pictures and drawings). There is no limitation on proportion.
c. A TXT document must be attached in the e-mails of the submission, which include participants’ name, registration number, e-mail address, mobile phone number, name and contact information of the advisor (if any), the full name of the school and department, title and brief introduction of the submitted work.
1. Individual participants and groups must agree with and follow the competition requirements and regulations. The organizing committee reserves its right of final interpretation.
2. Entries with words or pictures relating to the name or department of participants in the digital drawings will be disqualified from the competition.
3. All entries are accepted (while including author’s name) with the explicit free right of publication, reproduction, and promotional use by competition organizers and sponsors without need for further approvals.
4. Entries that have been submitted to other competitions, published on other public occasions or found to be similar to other works in terms of design ideas will be disqualified from the competition.
5. Any participant that contacts jurors about the competition during the entirety of the competition process will be disqualified from the competition.
Official Site (English): http://hypcup2017.uedmagazine....
Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan regions: +86 18511537506；+86 18612935527
Comment as :