Over the centuries Argentina’s building tradition was repeatedly inspired by European immigrants. The exhibition explores the influence that architects and engineers of German decent wielded on the Rio de la Plata region, which includes the capital Buenos Aires. The range spans building activity by German Jesuits in the late 17th century through to the post-War era from 1945. The work of Willi Ludewig (1902-1963), who emigrated from berlin in 1935 and in whose buildings elements of Neues Bauen were transported to Argentina, played an outstanding role.
The exhibition was conceived by CEDODAL, Buenos Aires and is part of the exhibition program of the guest-of-honor Argentina at the 2010 Frankfurt Book Fair.
Comment as :