SITREP.at [New York] 2013 www.SITREP.at www.facebook.com/Sitrep.at This July, please join us in New York City for a groundbreaking Architecture+Urbanity study program. Final Applications are due June 08, 2013. SITREP.at is a New York City-based “Design Tank” dedicated to the study of Urbanity through architectural research and design. All our findings and proposals are published for public distribution as Situation Reports – SITREP. SITREP.at defines the term Urbanity as the unique confluence of high density, wide diversity, and compressed temporality commonly associated with cities and city life. Furthermore, SITREP.at considers cities to be superpositions of systems (hardware), the operations of which are determined by methods (software) adapted for generalized user-ship. Besides providing you a "soft landing" to studying and working in New York City, your participation in SITREP.at provides you with:
- Expert training in the study of Urbanity through the on-site study of New York City, the densest, most populous and diverse metropolis in the United States, with a population of over 8 million who speak up to 800 different languages.
- First-hand association with renowned experts in Urbanity through our guest lectures and discussion panels. (See our Program Schedule for the full list of lecturers and panelists.)
- Access to an extended network of educators at Architecture and Urban Planning programs based in universities and institutions throughout the United States.
- Personal recommendations for school applications and employment.
- Direct connections to a wide range of architecture and planning firms in the United States.
- Intensive exposure to work and life in New York City.
- Co-authorship of the resulting SITUATION REPORT.
- Membership in the ever-expanding SITREP.at alumni network worldwide.
Comment as :