27th International Sculpture Conference: Kansas City
The International Sculpture Center (ISC), is seeking panel proposals for the 27th International Sculpture Conference Sculpture in Kansas City, MO this October 25-28, 2017. This conference will feature the annual ISC littleSCULPTURE show, ARTSlams and mentor sessions, engaging panel discussions, evening parties, hands-on workshops, keynote address, open studios and gallery hops, optional art and culture trips, public art tours and visits to nearby sculpture sites, and more.
Panel topics include:
- Art, Architecture & the Urban Fabric
- Catalyzing Collective Action through Art - How does public and contextual art bring people together?
- Material Identity
- Advancing Diversity in the Arts
- Creating the Artist - The Business of Constructing an Identity in the Art World
- The Politics of "Sustainability" in the Arts
- Perspectives on Art Writing
- Digital Fabrication and the "Artist's Touch"
- Citizenship through Art - What does it mean to belong?
The abstract submission deadline is March 13, 2017. All accepted submissions will be notified by May 2017. To submit a proposal and learn more information, please visit the conference website: http://sculpture.org/kc2017/.
Comment as :