The International Olympic Committee (IOC) has confirmed a shortlist of twelve architectural firms aspiring to design its new Olympic headquarters on a site by Lake Geneva in Lausanne, Switzerland. The list surely doesn't lack any star power, featuring names like OMA, Toyo Ito & Associates, Diller Scofidio + Renfro, 3xn and Farshid Moussavi Architecture.
After studying the candidature files, the jury decided to select the following candidates for the next phase:
- Jean Marc IBOS - Myrto Vitart
- XDGA - Xaveer De Geyter Architecten B.V.B.A.
- Brasil Arquitetura Ltda.
- Groupe 3 Architectes S.N.C
- AL_A - Amanda Levete architects Ltd
- Toyo Ito & Associates, Architects
- Office for Metropolitan Architecture (OMA)
- Nieto Sobejano Arquitectos GmbH
- PIUARCH S.r.l
- Diller Scofidio + Renfro
- Farshid Moussavi Architecture
The selection of the final winner is expected for December.
Comment as :