Five teams were selected for the second stage of the international architectural "Russia" theme park competition. The Jury, the Expert Council, and "Russia" park representatives met this past September to begin searching for the concept and financial model for the theme park.
Twenty-six submissions out of 180 registered applicants from 41 countries made it to Stage I, which was then narrowed down to 18 after the Expert Council made further evaluations.
Out of those 18 submissions, only 5 finalists were selected to move on to Stage II:
The conceptual structure of the theme park is organized into designated areas for various activities, attractions and other features. These areas include Entertainment, Educational, Landscape, Commercial, Sports, and a Health Center.
"Location: Moscow Region, Domodedovo District
Proposed land plot area: about 1000 hectares
- International airport "Domodedovo" is located nearby the district
- Federal highways "M4 Don" and "Moscow small ring" are not far from the park
- Paveletskaya railroad and Moscow Ring Railway are near the district
- The distance from the center of the "Russia" Theme Park to the Moscow Ring Road (MKAD) is about 50 km
- The distance from the center of the "Russia" Theme Park to Paveletskya railway station in Moscow is about 70 km
- The distance from the center of the "Russia" Theme Park to the Moscow city center is about 75 km"
Info and images via parkrus.ru.
For more details, click here.
Comment as :