Results are out for the Çanakkale Antenna Tower competition, Turkey's first international competition since 1997. After being shortlisted in Stage Two, Powerhouse Company & IND (Inter.National.Design) won 1st Prize out of 8 finalist teams, including renowned names like Sou Fujimoto and Snøhetta. Each finalist also received a monetary prize.
The new 100-meter broadcasting tower will be built on a hill in the southern outskirts of Çanakkale. The city's government plans to have the tower completed in 2015.
The Colloquium and Award Ceremony will take place on March 15 in Çanakkale.
Scroll down to see the complete list of rankings and each team's proposals.
- 1st Prize: Powerhouse Company & IND (Inter.National.Design)
- 2nd Prize: Snøhetta & Özer/Ürger Architects & Battle Mccarthy
- 3rd Prize: AL_A
- 1st Mention: TEGET (Teğet Mimarlık. Consultants:Yonca Çeltikçi, Mehmet Okutan, Muharrem Akbulut, Lütfi Kutluay, Öykü Kocaman)
- 2nd Mention: Ian Ritchie Architects & Arup
- 3rd Mention: FR-EE/Fernando Romero Enterprise & KOTU+MAPmx Studio & Werner Sobek
- 4th Mention: Sou Fujimoto & Aecom
- 5th Mention: OLAF GIPSER & ARUP & Deniz Aslan
Founding Jury Members
- Emre AROLAT Architect, EAA
- Louis BECKER Architect, Henning Larsen Architects
- Caroline BOS Architect, UNStudio
- Oğuz Cem ÇELİK Structural Engineer, Istanbul Technical University
- Arzu ERDEM Architect, Istanbul Technical University
Substitute Jury Members
- Murat AKSU Architect, MuuM
- Melike ALTINIŞIK Architect, Salon Architects
- İsmail MORKOÇ Structural Engineer
REWARDS AND PAYMENT METHOD:
- 1st Prize: 100,000 Turkish Liras (ca. 45,000 USD)
- 2nd Prize: 80,000 Turkish Liras (ca. 36,000 USD)
- 3rd Prize: 50,000 Turkish Liras (ca. 22,500 USD)
- 1st-5th Honorable Mentions: 25,000 Turkish Liras (ca. 11,200 USD) each
Images courtesy of the Çanakkale Antenna Tower competition.
Comment as :