The jury will select the best design for an exterior setting matching Alfred Waterhouse’s Grade I listed building and the award-winning Darwin Centre. Additionally, the winning design will improve the Museum's accessibility to its millions of visitors every year.
The five shortlisted teams are:
- BIG (Bjarke Ingels Group) with Martha Schwartz Partners
- Grant Associates with Feilden Clegg Bradley Studios
- Niall McLaughlin Architects with Kim Wilkie
- Land Use Consultants (LUC) with Design Engine
- Stanton Williams Architects with Bradley-Hole Schoenaich Landscape Architects
Teams will present their designs to the jury on March 13, and the winner is expected to be announced in April 2014. Designs are currently on exhibition -- with team names hidden -- at the Museum until March 11.
Check out the proposals below and see if you can guess which team designed what!
Images courtesy of the Natural History Museum Realm Competition.
Comment as :