Competition briefs for urban development can overlook the most pressing and relevant needs of local communities, and architects are usually limited to satisfying the brief's requirements in their proposals.
Eighteen finalists were chosen out of 100 submissions. The jury will then select 3 winners, 7 honorable mentions, and a Storefront Special Prize. The Special Prize will get to run their submitted competition as part of the 2014 Storefront for Art and Architecture program calendar.
Without further ado, the 18 finalists are:
- TAKING BUILDINGS DOWN by IncA
- THE DISCREET ARCHITECT by Local provision Studio
- OPEN SOURCE OPEN SPACE, HACKING THE BUILT ENVIRONMENT by Boot Trunk
- THE CITY by Form Fiction Format
- NO TITLES by GroundLAB
- NATURE, ERROR, BABIES by Metonymy's Architecture
- DEPLOY YOURSELF, NOT YOUR DESIGNS by CIRCa
- DEPOLITISIGN by Min Chen & Kristin Enright
- AMAZONIA 2020 by Civic Projects .
- THE NEXT SUBURB by The Thirteenth Hour
- OFF-THE-RADAR: THE ARCHITECTURE OF NON-EXISITING SPACE by MITNICK-RODDIER
- LABYRINTH COMPETITION by Gray_matter(s)
- ARCHITECTURAL WORK by The Architecture Lobby
- BLISS [BETTER LIVING THROUGH INTUITIVE SOFT SURVEILLANCE] by Yeadon Space Agency
- FUTURE FACTORY by Gretchen Wilkins
- REZONING THE 5TH FAÇADE: REDEFINING NEW YORK'S CITY ROOF SCAPE by normaldesign
- SECOND NATURE. ARCHITECTURE IN GREEN by El Corbusier
- INTO DE VOID by Zooburbia
Fifty entries will be exhibited at Storefront for Art and Architecture starting April 29. Additionally, the competition winners will be offically presented and the Competition of Competition of Competitions will be launched.
The exhibition will be part of Letters to the Mayor exhibition, which highlights the relationship between architecture and politics.
Comment as :