Calling all emerging architects, designers, landscape architects, and artists! The Field Constructs Design Competition is accepting submissions worldwide for temporary outdoor installations to be exhibited at the Circle Acres Nature Preserve in Austin, Texas.
The jury will select five to eight proposals to be realized for a week-long series of community events this November.
If you haven't registered already, now's the chance: Early-bird registration ends on February 15. All submissions are due on April 1, 11:59 p.m. EST.
More details below.
The designs should creatively engage with the natural and cultural factors that are unique to the evolving city of Austin, considered to be one of the fastest growing cities in the U.S.
Winners will be announced in June. They will receive US$5,000 to realize their projects.
- Benjamin Ball, Ball-Nogues Studio, Los Angeles
- Eva Franch i Gilabert, Storefront for Art and Architecture, New York
- John Grade, Artist, Seattle
- Virginia San Fratello, Rael San Fratello, Oakland
- Jason Sowell, University of Texas at Austin School of Architecture, Austin
- Ingrid Spencer, Contributing Editor, Architectural Record, Austin
More important details here.
Comment as :