The architectural model is the ultimate representation of a building’s design. More than technical drawings or sketches, the architectural model has the ability to communicate the entire concept of a building and its spatial effects. When executed with skill and care, some architectural models can be considered artwork on their own. But the architectural model is evolving. Many designers have stopped using traditional physical models made of wood, paper and glue and have switched to digital means of representation. While something may be lost in the rush to digitize design methods, new technologies offer different ways of thinking that can achieve results never possible through other means. Architectural design is now at an interesting intersection of digital and physical means of model making. This exhibit hopes to show how the architectural model is a changing art form that continues to be a critical method of representation of an architectural design. The exhibition hopes to include examples of traditional hand-built models and models that incorporate contemporary digital technologies. The models will be selected from a public call for work and the selected entries will be displayed at the Architectural Foundation of Cincinnati in the Fall of 2013.
- To enter email the completed entry form and at least one image of the model to email@example.com
- All entries must be received by July 15, 2013. No late entries will be accepted.
- Models will be selected by August 2, 2013 by a panel of AFC and AIA Cincinnati members.
- Selected models must be delivered and picked up from the AFC at times to be determined.
- The AFC will provide pedestals, wall space, and lighting for the exhibit.
- Any digital display methods must be supplied by the entrant. The AFC will not provide equipment for display.
- The AFC is not responsible for transportation or shipping of models and will not store any models that are not picked up.
- Firms and individuals are allowed to submit up to three entries.
- Please complete one entry form per model.
Only selected models are required to pay the entry fee. One entry fee per model. All entry fees go towards exhibition insurance costs and expenses related with gallery installation and display. The AFC will not cover any transportation or shipping expenses. All entry fees are due by August 16, 2013.
Large Firm (>50 employees) -- $100
Small Firm (<50 employees) -- $75
Sole Practitioner / Individual -- $50
Student -- Free
www.dropbox.com/s/1fb7sf5m829vv24/AFC + AIA Cincinnati_An Exhibit of Architectural Models_Call For Entries.pdf
Comment as :