World Campus Masters Selective Graduation Design Program (short for "WCM Program”) is launched by an international design competition platform Young Bird Plan, and it is committed to recognizing the fresh blood of contemporary design through evaluating graduation designs from global young designers in different regions and cultures. It encourages original design and design thinking in campus to conduct a positive dialogue with global design industry and industrial development, bringing young designers and their graduation works to one of the world's most influential design platform and the cutting-edge design ecosystem.
Designers who graduated between 2015 and 2019 and major in Architecture, Urban Design, Landscape Design, Interior Design, Industry Design, Public Art, etc. are welcome to participate, including undergraduates and post-graduates within 5 calendar years after the current competition launched. In the era of pursuing professional subdivided and transboundary design, WCM Program is committed to creating a display platform that witnesses the evolution of design thinking and gathers the most pioneering ideas.
The Judging panel for this Winter World Campus Masters Selective Graduation Design Program 2019 includes Big Name Jury, Super Nova Jury and Professional Representatives. They will evaluate works, based on their perspectiveness and response to current and future challenges, and select the design that best fits the temperament and ideas of contemporary youngers. The Big Name Jury and the Super Nova Jury will have the right to increase the selection criteria.
The evaluation for WCM Program will be conducted quarterly and annually: Every quarter (three months) is a round. Therefore, a year has four rounds, include the winter contest of the previous year and the spring, summer and autumn contests of the year. Three works will be selected every quarter, and 12 works will be selected in four quarters. They, together with works resurrected by Super Nova Jury, will compete for the grand award of the year.
Jury of Supernova
Wang Shuo: Founding Partner / Principal Architect of META-Project
Jamie Wallace: Founding Director of WallaceLiu
Jeroen Dellensen: Founding Partner of i29 interior architects
Bruce Ramus: Artistic Director and Founder of Ramus
Ana Milena Hernández: Founder and Creative Director of Masquespaci
The winner of the WCM of the Year will gain:
1. RMB 20,000（before tax）
2. Entry will be permanently included in the list of the world campus masters.
3. 3 days homepage display on designverse (within 24 months after the award is announced, it will be invalid after expiration)
4. Get the opportunity to attend the Young Architects Speech Show held by designverse.
5. Award certificate
The winners of the WCM of the Quarter will gain:
1. An opportunity to compete for the World Campus Masters of the Year
2. RMB 1,500 book taken per work
3. Entry will be permanently included in the list of the world campus masters works.
4. 1 day homepage display on designverse (within 24 months after the award is announced, it will be invalid after expiration)
5. Award certificate
James Wei Ke Travel Fund for Architects:
James Wei Ke Travel Fund for Architects is an annual special award set by Mr. James Wei Ke in his own name for WCM Program. The award, jointly established by Mr. James Wei Ke and Young Bird Plan, aims at encouraging and funding young architects to experience the global excellent architectures and gain unique design insights through travel. In addition to supporting and paying attention to young architects, the award is also committed to giving impetus to the development of new design ideas.
Designers who graduated between 2015 and 2019 and major in Architecture are welcome to participate, including undergraduates and post-graduates within 5 calendar years after the current competition launched.
Access to Competition:
1. Entering into the “World Campus Masters Selective Graduation Design Program” contest homepage and then registering for the competition.
2. Submitting your completed graduation design.
3. Apply for this award by email. The specific email content will be explained by the organizers after the announcement of the shortlists.
Mr. James Wei Ke will select 2 groups of finalists from all the participants who submitted the application materials, each group will be rewarded RMB10,000 yuan (pre-tax) travel funds. In addition, Fund winners can also receive appropriate assistance based on their travel plans.
Processes for Join in:
1. Register as a user of the designverse and then complete the information table;
2. Complete the payment of the registration fee;
3. Submit your master's/undergraduate graduation design work online, and also send your graduation design assignment to the email email@example.com (it will be used as a reference for the judges)
Registration for Spring WCM Program 2020 opens from Jan. 21st, 2020 00:00 to Mar. 31st, 2020 24:00
Early registration: until Feburary 20 12:00
Regular registration: until March 10 12:00
Late registration: until March 31 24:00
Project submission deadline: December 31 24:00
Mass-selection: April 1st 0:00 - April 3rd, 24:00
Super Nova Jury and Profefessional Representatives deliberation: in the middle of April 2020
Announcement of Top3: at the end of April 2020
Comment as :