As we strive for a more equitable, diverse, and inclusive architecture profession, we seek to elevate those that have been largely left out of conversations on racial equity.
Arquitina, an organization focused on increasing the representation of Latinas in architecture, is an actively growing grassroots effort with a mission to diversify the field through mentorship and community support. Through a celebration of Arquitina's recent book, Latinas in Architecture: Stories of Raising the 1% One Latina at a Time, we will learn about the experiences of Latina women in the profession and hold space to celebrate the efforts of Arquitina in enhancing those experiences. Hear from Arquitina founder Alicia Ponce and other members of the New York Latina community as they share their experience as Latinas in architecture.
Join us for an evening filled with food, music, and conversation—everything you would expect at a typical Latino gathering! The book, Latinas in Architecture, will be available for purchase before and after the lecture, with a special meet and greet with Ponce and other members of Arquitina starting at 5:00 pm. Register for the event here.
- Venesa Alicea-Chuqui, AIA, NOMA, LEED AP, WELL AP, Founder and Principal, NYVARCH Architecture
- Graciela Carrillo, AIA, LEED AP, Senior Manager, Nassau BOCES Facilities Services; Co-author, Latinas in Architecture: Stories of Raising the 1% One Latina at a Time
- Christina Hernandez, Architect, AECOM; Member, Arquitina Mentorship Cohort
- Alicia Ponce, AIA, NCARB, LEED, Founder and Principal, APMonarch; Founder, Arquitina
- Peggy Peña, Assoc. AIA, NOMA, Architectural Intern,Amie Gross Architects; Co-chair, AIANY Diversity and Inclusion Committee
COVID-19 vaccinations and face masks are strongly encouraged for all visitors. Read our full Health and Safety Protocol here.
Organized by AIANY Diversity and Inclusion Committee. Learn more about the event here.
*Photo/Banner: DG Marco Álvarez.
Comment as :