Light is a fundamental element of life and a key aspect of any architectural project. Prizes will be awarded to projects that have successfully met the architectural lighting needs of an interior or exterior space, having created a positive synergy between architecture, interior design, landscaping and lighting.
The Lamp Lighting Solutions Awards value the creativity, innovation and sustainability of lighting projects, regardless of the manufacturer or the brand of lights used in the project. more info: http://www.lamp.es/en/news/last-news/44787
- ARCHITECTURAL OUTDOOR LIGHTING: lighting projects for exterior illumination such as: facades, sport facilities, monuments, canopies, etc.
- INDOOR LIGHTING: lighting projects for interior illumination such as: shops, restaurants, museums, exhibition halls, single buildings, offices, etc.
- URBAN AND LANDSCAPE LIGHTING: lighting projects for urban illumination such as: squares, roundabouts, avenues, streets, parks, bridges, etc.
- STUDENTS PROPOSALS: this year's theme is "Light to connect"; lighting projects, both indoor and outdoor, in which light is used as a tool to connect people and/or spaces: squares, streets, parks, beaches, malls, airports, car parks, etc. Only idea-based projects will be accepted.
*Bear in mind that the projects must incorporate innovation and sustainability elements in all categories.
*Only daylight based projects, entertainment lighting, and luminaire design will not be accepted.
SELECTION OF FINALISTS AND AWARDING OF PRIZES
The jury will determine 4 winners (1 per category):
- Architectural Exterior Lighting Award: 15.000 €
- Interior Lighting Award: 15.000 €
- Urban and Landscape Lighting Award: 15.000€
- Students Proposals Award: 3.000 €
The jury's verdict will be announced at a special evening event in Barcelona during the month of June 2013. The award cannot be declared void or granted "ex aequo".
The LIGHTING CONCEPTS '13 book will include the finalists' projects. The finalists must hand in all the necessary graphic material required for the book. The author of the photographs must be indicated.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE
Any lighting designers, architects, urban planners, interior designers, engineers, landscapers or students who are authors of a lighting project. There are no restrictions on age, nationality or place of residence.
*Lighting distribution companies are not allowed to participate.
*Projects submitted in previous Lamp Lighting Solutions Awards will not be accepted.
Comment as :