Have you ever imagined living in a house surrounded by the forest? Here is a competition to realize your dreams. HOUSE IN FOREST 2017 (Website: http://HouseInForest.com) Competition will be started very soon and seeks to explore the fantastic ides of architectural design, as well as landscape design and site planning. The aim of this competition is to promote our ideas of protecting the forest and its environment. We also encourage the creation of new living style which is not only limited for houses, but also can be like pavilions, structures, or landscape. Whoever you are students or experienced designers, working individually or in teams, we warmly welcome you to take participate in this competition. Winning participants will receive cash prize with certificate. We will also post the list of winning projects onto the official website and publish them as a competition portfolio with exhibition launched.
(1) The competition committee will not provide any specific location in any country or region. Candidates shall pick up one fictional location for their design project. The requirements of customized location are as below:
- The location must be in a forest, or surrounded by the forest. The density of forest is customized.
- The topography and landforms can be also customized. Candidates might add river, lake, stones, animals or any other elements that exactly exist in a real forest.
- The area of picked up location has no limitation, but should fit your design concept and theme.
- The main concept of your submitted work can be Architectural Design, Landscape Design, Planning Work, but each kind of design work should focus on the main topic of this competition - HOUSE IN FOREST.
(2) Image submitted at least contain the following:
- General plans and layouts of the project, including floor plans and sections, scaled adequately to ensure reading and comprehension of the plans.
- Diagrams, views, sketches, renderings, or any other form of visual representation that will help explain the project.
- Constructive details that are considered essential to explain the project.
- A 450 word-long (maximum) descriptive text. Any text or description can only be delivered in English.
(3) The image or board must comply with the following format: your design must be presented in oriented A1 sheet (841mm×594mm), both horizontal display and vertical display are accepted. Minimum 72 dpi, and only .JPG will be accepted. The file must be no larger than 15 MB in order to facilitate uploads and downloads. Remember that the file name must be the same as your name or team member's name when you registered. No other format or delivery style will be accepted. Other formats won’t be accepted, and only the projects uploaded on time will be on the contest.
(4) Your name, or team members’ names must be clearly written on the image or board. The submission should be mailed to email@example.com with the team members’ names. In case of any query, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
01/12/2016 Competition Launch
01/12/2016 - 31/01/2017 Early Bird Registration
01/02/2017 - 15/03/2017 Standard Registration
16/03/2017 - 30/03/2017 Last Minute Registration
31/03/2017 Submission Deadline
01/04/2017 - 30/04/2017 Jury Deliberation
01/05/2017 Winner Announced
Note: All deadlines are 11:59 pm – 00:00 am GMT (Greenwich Mean Time)
Entrants may register as individuals or as a team consisting of maximum 5 members. All architecture, landscape, planning or design students, as well as professionals are eligible to participate in the competition. They may do so by filling the registration form and submitting it with the appropriate payment through the secure gateway (PayPal) on our website. The registration fee is:
- 01/12/2016 - 31/01/2017 Early Bird Registration - $35
- 01/02/2017 - 15/03/2017 Standard Registration - $45
- 16/03/2017 - 30/03/2017 Last Minute Registration - $55
Note: It would not be possible to amend or update the information relating to your registration including the names of the group members once validated.
First Prize - $500 + Certificate + Portfolio Publication/Exhibition
Second Prize - $200 + Certificate + Portfolio Publication/Exhibition
Third Prize - $100 + Certificate + Portfolio Publication/Exhibition
10 Honorable Mentions to be published on the site
The Jury is open, professional and anonymous. The Jury members are the key to a good contest. Their experience and the method for evaluation are the best guarantee to ensure transparency and level it. A record containing the reasoned opinion that substantiates the choice of the winning projects will be developed. To this end, the jury will expose and will be reflected in the minutes, the reasons why they consider that the winning proposal is worthy of that rating and present a comparison with the proposals that occupy the 2nd and 3rd prize. The jury will select freely and autonomously one proposal among all the projects delivered, which complies with the rules and guidelines established by these basis. The jury may exclude the works for the following reasons:
- Delivery outside or without complying with the provisions of the basis period.
- Breach of anonymity, either because they revealed authorship by any means, either by presenting identification graphic elements of the identity of the author of the proposal.
- Any attempt at communication or pressure the members of the jury, duly accredited.
Full list of the Jury members will be released very soon and updated in the official website.
In case of any queries, please send us a mail at info@HouseInForest.com
Title: Call for Entries: HOUSE IN FOREST 2017
Subject: Open architectural/landscape/planning competition
Target: Designers, Architects, Students, Professionals
Type: Competition Announcement
Organizer: HIF Committee
Registration Deadline: 28/02/2017
Submission Deadline: 31/03/2017
Price: USD 35
Comment as :