Garak Wholesale Market: Vegetables Bldg. 2 Design Proposal Competition
1. Project Outline
- Client : Seoul Agro-Fisheries & Food Corporation
- Location: 932, Yangjae-daero, Songpa-gu, Seoul
- Site Area : Total Site Area: 531,830㎡, Vegetables Bldg. 2 Site Area: 49,838㎡
- Gross Floor Area : Vegetables Bldg. 2: 57,067㎡
(Bldg Coverage Ratio: 55%, Floor Aria Ratio: 200%)
- Project Cost Estimate: 78,615,000,000 KRW (surtax incl.)
- Design Fee: 2,950,000,000 KRW (surtax incl.)
2. Purpose of Competition
The purpose of this design proposal competition is to increase the efficiency of distribution and logistics at Garak Market and to select an optimal design proposal which will allow the market to play the role of a fine goods wholesale market, through the selection of a creative and high quality design proposal for the Vegetables Bldg. 2 of Garak Market.
3. Design Objective
After opening in 1985 as a publically operated agro-fisheries wholesale market, for 31 years the Garak Market has led domestically in wholesale distribution and is the world’s largest single wholesale market. However, in addition to its facilities being old and unsafe, the structure of the facilities and transport circulation are an obstacle to efficient distribution, such as the shipping of palettes and the mechanization of loading and unloading. Unable to flexibly respond to the ever-changing trade system, revitalization of the market through the modernization of its facilities is urgently needed.
Garak Market will be reborn as an advanced distribution system by sequentially improving the run-down facilities and old distribution system according to a phased development plan. Accordingly, the purpose of the design is the realization of an eco-friendly wholesale market through a creative design proposal which will allow for the building of a future wholesale market capable of flexibly adapting to changes in the distribution environment.
Park In-soo, PARKiz Architects (Principal)
Song Ha-yub, Professor of Depart. of Architecture, Chung-ang University
Chung Hyun-a, DIA Architecture (Principal) Cho Jae-won 0_1 Studio (Principal)
Joo Dae-kahn, ECTO Architects & Associates (Principal)
Lim Jae-yong, OCA (Principal)
Kim Seong-soo, Managing Director of Seoul Agro-Fisheries & Food Corporation
* Substitute Jury
Lee So-jin, Ateliers Lion Seoul (Principal)
Ha Seok-geon, Hanseo Agrico (CEO)
5. Competition Prizes
1st Place (1 entry): Awarding of Design Contract
2nd Place (1 entry): 30,000,000 KRW
3rd Place (3 entries): 10,000,000 KRW
1) Competition Announcement: 2016.12.19
2) Registration: 2016.12.19 ~ 2017.1.13 18:00 KST Deadline
3) Release of Competition Rules & Guidelines: 2016.12.19
4) Site Briefing Session: 2016.12.29 14:00
5) Questions Posted by Entrants: 2016.12.31 ~ 2017.1.9 18:00 KST Deadline
6) Answers to Questions Posted: 2017.1.13 18:00
7) Deadline for Submission of Entries: 2017.2.10 18:00 KST Deadline
8) Technical Judging: 2017.2.14
9) 1st Round Judging: 2017.2.16
10) 2nd Round Judging / Announcement of Winners: 2017.2.21
11) Awards Ceremony/ Exhibition/ Design Contract: 2017.3
※ Site Briefing Session attendance is not compulsory; however, entrants are highly encouraged to participate.
※ Please note that the above schedule may be subject to change; revisions to the schedule will be announced via the competition website ‘Project Seoul’ (http://project.seoul.go.kr).
More information on: http://project.seoul.go.kr/mai...
Comment as :