Five finalists were selected this week for the MoMA PS1 2014 Young Architects Program. The annual program gives young emerging architects the chance to develop an innovative, temporary urban installation for the MoMA PS1 courtyard in Long Island City, New York in summer 2014.
The 2014 YAP finalists are:
- Collective-LOK - Jon Lott, William O’Brien Jr. and Michael Kubo
- Fake Industries Architectural Agonism - Cristina Goberna and Urtzi Grau
- LAMAS - Wei-Han Vivian Lee and James Macgillivray
- Pita + Bloom - Florencia Pita and Jackilin Hah Bloom
- The Living - David Benjamin
The five selected teams will now begin to work on their design proposals. Projects must provide seating, shade, and water, and also follow guidelines that address environmental issues and sustainability. Only one project will win.
Last year's winning project, Party Wall by CODA, was installed for the 2013 Warm Up summer music series this past June. Other recent additions to YAP include international programs like MAXXI — held in the National Museum of XXI Century Arts in Rome, Italy and Istanbul Modern in Istanbul, Turkey.
Be on the lookout for future updates.
Comment as :