There are places which belong to the inner being. There are destinations first engraved into the unreal...then on a map. Architectures of the soul, capable of helping us escape from our everyday life and freeing us from space and time. Castles are among the architectures that can, in a more pronounced way, whisper to the heart of human beings.
They often are located in marvelous spaces, sheltered in inaccessible and isolated places. These are oftentimes magical places, full of plots and heroism, uncontrolled passions and unspeakable secrets. Located in a fairy‐tale landscape, the Castle of Roccamandolfi seems to come out from the ancient legends of chivalry. A medieval fragment which encompasses the ancient times and can still fascinate with its long‐standing charm. The castle stands above a steep hill, towering over a cliff, forests and sunsets. Sketching out over an enchanting landscape, in need of new forms and ideas to allow its protection and the ongoing promotion of such a priceless heritage.
“Valore Paese”, the Italian State Property Agency’s project for the reprocessing of the national architectural heritage, moves into this direction. Aimed at enhancing the historic and landscape value, it builds dream tourist facilities which take advantage of their own natural background to involve visitors in this unique and unforgettable holiday experience.
How does one convert a medieval fortress into an exclusive tourist facility? How do you combine architecture and nature and aspire to become a worldwide destination? Using these intriguing questions as inspiration, Marlegno, in partnership with the Italian State Property Agency – Italian Government, wants to promote Castle Resort and invites designers to let themselves get swept away by the charm of this abandoned fortress. To conceive a fabulous accommodation facility, plunged into a majestic nature and set among the traces of an impressive castle. A dream place, capable of inspiring the imagination of every tourist who visits and offering a timeless holiday. All wrapped up by the comfort of modern life mixed in with ancient remains.
- Eduardo Souto de Moura
- Todd Saunders, SAUNDERS ARCHITECTURE
- Alain Laurens, LA CABANE PERCHÉE
- Giorgio Palmucci, ASSOCIAZIONE ITALIANA CONFINDUSTRIA ALBERGHI
- Lamberto Mancini, TOURING CLUB
- Edoardo Maggini, ITALIAN STATE PROPERTY AGENCY - ITALIAN GOVERNMENT
- Giacomo Lombardi, MUNICIPALITY OF ROCCAMANDOLFI
- Angelo Luigi Marchetti, MARLEGNO s.r.l.
- Elena Mucelli, UNIVERSITY OF BOLOGNA
- Remo Capitanio, CAPITANIO ARCHITETTI
- 1° Prize € 10.000
- 2° Prize € 4.000
- 3° Prize € 2.000
- n.4 “Gold” Honorable Mentions € 1.000 each
- 10 Honorable Mentions
- 30 Finalists
- 21/11/2016 early birds registrations - opening
- 28/12/2016 (11.59 pm GMT) early birds registrations - ending
- 29/12/2016 standard registrations - opening
- 31/01/2017 (11.59 pm GMT) standard registrations - ending
- 01/02/2017 late registrations - opening
- 28/02/2017 (11.59 pm GMT) late registrations - ending
- 03/03/2017 (11.59 pm GMT) materials submission’s deadline
- 07/03/2017 jury summoning
- 10/04/2017 results announcement
More information on : www.youngarchitectscompetitions.com
Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Comment as :