Photographers have long been an integral element of the architect’s work.
The third annual AIA|LA Architectural Photography Awards honor the eye,
celebrating varied visual styles and interpretations. Entry is open to
photographers, architects, designers, and design enthusiasts.
2019 AIA|LA Architectural Photography Awards Jury
- Laure Joliet LA-based photographer Laure Joliet is known for her work that showcases sun-drenched, warm interiors- bringing a genuine soulfulness to the lens
that’s highly coveted by West Elm, Target, The Ace Hotel, and
- Michael B. Lehrer, FAIA A much-awarded architect and renaissance man whose artistic expressions extend into the sphere of painting, sketching making, and photography.
- Matthew Rolston Originally “discovered” by Andy Warhol, photographer/director/creative director Matthew Rolston is renowned for his iconic portraits that have been on hundreds of covers of magazines, read by millions of people, featuring everyone from Michael Jackson and Madonna to Jay-Z and Beyoncé.
Winning images are published to the AIA|LA website and in the 2019 AIA|LA Membership Directory, distributed by mail to 4,300+ architects, designers, and firms. Awards will be revealed at a ceremony held at the Schindler House/MAK Center in Los Angeles, CA in February 2019.
Competition is open to all AIA Members, associates, allied affiliates, students, and the general public.
- Entry fee is nonrefundable.
- $25 AIA, Assoc. AIA, and Allied Affiliate AIA|LA Members
- $15 for Students
- $40 for Non-Members.
- 1 registration covers 3 images to submit for consideration.
- Subject must have an architectural theme or contain an element of the human-made environment.
- Photographic interpretation will be judged, not the architecture.
- Location of images is unrestricted.
- Entries must have been taken and owned by the participant, and be submitted in digital format.
- Photographs may be originally shot in digital format or may be high-resolution scans of 35mm film.
- Final image must be at least 1850 pixels wide, at 300 dpi (72dpi OK for cellphone images) and saved as a JPG or TIFF File. Maximum size 10MB.
- Participants grant reproduction rights and permissions to AIA Los Angeles to use all submitted images (in either print or electronic form) for website, exhibition, publications, fundraising, and promotional purposes in relation to the Architectural Photography Awards – with your credit, of course.
- Submission of entry implies acceptance of all above conditions.
- Any images not conforming to the rules will be disqualified, entry fee will not be returned.
Comment as :