LAST CHANCE TO REGISTER YOUR TEAM!
DEADLINE IS FEBRUARY 14TH AT 11:59 PM.
The NCC’s Urban Design Challenge 2020: Student Ideas Competition for Canada’s Capital has begun. For information on this national competition in French, visit the NCC's Website at: ccn-ncc.gc.ca/defi-2020.
Urban Design Challenge 2020 is a competition that invites students from across the country to come up with design concepts for important sites in Canada’s Capital Region. The competition is organized by the National Capital Commission (NCC), the federal Crown corporation dedicated to ensuring that Canada’s Capital is a dynamic and inspiring source of pride for all Canadians, and building a legacy for generations to come.
- The competition is open to university students who are currently enrolled in a design-focused program at an accredited educational institution in Canada, such as: urban planning/urbanism, landscape architecture, architecture, urban design and other related design programs. Participation is free.
- The two proposed sites are NCC lands in the Capital Region - 1 on the Ontario side, and 1 on the Quebec side. Registration and all relevant planning and policy documents are available through the competition web page.
- The top 2 winning teams (maximum 3 people per team) will be invited to present their projects at a public Urbanism Lab event in Ottawa on April 30, 2020.
First Place Prize Packages: one first prize package for each winning team (one the Quebec side and one on the Ontario side):
- Round-trip train or airplane tickets to Canada’s Capital (Ottawa) for each team member.*
- Two nights’ stay at a major hotel in the heart of Canada’s Capital (maximum of two hotel rooms per team).
- $750 cash prize per team.
- $250 per team member to cover meals and expenses of a personal nature.
- The winning team must attend the awards ceremony on April 30, 2020, at the Urbanism Lab at 40 Elgin Street, Ottawa.
- Students located within the Québec–Windsor corridor will be provided round-trip train tickets in economy class originating from the VIA Rail station closest to their location (place of residence, study or work).
- Students located outside the Québec–Windsor corridor will be provided round-trip airplane tickets in economy class originating from the major Canadian airport closest to their location (place of residence, study or work).
We look forward to great participation from across the country.
The challenge is on! Good luck to all participants!
Gatineau Park Visitor Centre, Gatineau, Quebec
Sussex Courtyards: Beaux-Arts Court, Ottawa, Ontario
Comment as :