The 6th annual NYCxDESIGN Awards is a design competition that showcases outstanding achievements across major areas of design and celebrates the unique spirit of New York City. Winners and honorees represent the very best design talent in architecture, interiors, products, graphics and branding, and more.
Winners will receive extensive print and digital exposure to the Interior Design and NYCxDESIGN audiences, reaching 9M+ design professionals and enthusiasts! Winning projects and products will garner the attention of thought leaders, Interior Design editors, specifiers, and A+D peers.
NYCxDESIGN AWARD winners will be:
- Honored during a virtual ceremony hosted by Cindy Allen on DesignTV by SANDOW
- Featured in Interior Design magazine and considered for inclusion in NYCxDESIGN The Magazine winner spotlight
- Featured in an online gallery on interiordesign.net and nycxdesign.com
- Celebrated via Interior Design digital coverage, including Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest
- Celebrated via NYCxDESIGN digital coverage, including Facebook, Twitter, and in Instagram stories
- Judged by an illustrious jury of thirteen A+D thought leaders
- Official digital assets and seals for use on all marketing materials
- Opportunities to be featured on Interior Design's social channels throughout 2021
Timeline / Submission:
- Submission Deadline: March 24, 2021 (11:59PM EST)
- Student Submissions Deadline: May 7, 2021 (11:59PM EST)
- Finalist Announcement: May 10, 2021
- Virtual Awards Ceremony: May 17-18, 2021
- Submission Fee: $200 per entry
- Emerging/Independent Designer Submission Fee: $75 per entry
- Student Submission Fee: FREE
Eligible Submitters: Domestic and International Firms
Eligible Projects: Projects in any of NYC’s five boroughs (Brooklyn, Bronx, Manhattan,
Staten Island, Queens) completed between January 2020 and April 2021.
Incomplete projects are eligible for submission to On the Boards category.
Projects in any of NYC’s five borough completed between April 2016 and May 2021 are
eligible for the Iconic Project category.
Eligible Submitters: Designers, Manufacturers, Distributers and Showrooms
Eligible Products: Products that will be shown (virtually or in-person) at 2021
NYCxDESIGN Design Days affiliated events or 2021 NYCxDESIGN affiliated shows or in
any New York City based showrooms, design centers, studios or temporary installations
between January 2020 – May 2021.
You do not have to exhibit at an NYCxDESIGN affiliated shows or events if you sell, show, or manufacture product within the five boroughs.
Students: Products launched or exhibited either in conjunction with
a class/course or a (virtual) show in the 2020-2021 academic year (Fall 2020 through
Spring 2021). Students must be currently enrolled in an accredited graduate or
undergraduate program located in New York City (will accept Fall 2020 graduates).
Make sure to visit the NYCxDESIGN Awards website for more information regarding eligibility in addition to other FAQ’s.
Comment as :