TRANSFER Global Architecture Platform launches the second edition of TRANSFER Architecture Video Award, an independent award to recognise the most creative and innovative short films in the field of architecture, city and landscape worldwide.
The Award is global in scope and open to filmmakers, architects, artists, photographers or any individual or group whose video work is related with the previously mentioned fields.
Video is becoming increasingly instrumental in analysing architecture and the human environment, and is directly related to the digital networks that underpin contemporary communication.
With the TRANSFER Architecture Video Award, we aim to highlight the contributions that best represent new means of knowledge and analysis of architecture using video as a support. The main criteria are the short film’s contribution to exploring innovative ways of analysing and experiencing architecture, city and landscape, the relevance of the topic and its social impact, and a high standard of production.
The Award has been established in 2019 with the aim to explore new ways of analysing and experiencing architecture with digital media, and thus contributing to expand the boundaries of contemporary publishing.
The first edition of the Award in 2019 attracted the participation of over 300 videos from more than 50 countries worldwide. The awarded videos have been presented at the Architektur FilmTage Zurich, at Écrans Urbains in Lausanne, and at the Architecture Film Festival London.
TRANSFER Global Architecture Platform is an independent digital editorial project launched on 2016 that is based on the production and transmission of high-quality architectural content. By connecting contemporary ideas and practices, TRANSFER aims to broaden the global culture of architecture and to become a reference in the generation of leading architectural knowledge.
Call for submissions: 1 April 2021
Submission deadline: 1 July 2021
Announcement of the finalist videos: October 2021
Award ceremony: November 2021
Entries will be submitted exclusively online to: www.transfer-arch.com/video-award-submission
Submission documents: original short film Full HD 1920x1080px, mp4, short film title and description, author’s contact details. Each participant can submit a maximum of two videos.
Submission fee: 50 €
- Giovanna Borasi, Director, Canadian Center for Architecture, Montreal
- Alejandra Celedón, Professor, Head Master Architecture, Pontificia Universidad Católica, Santiago de Chile
- Josep Ferrando, Principal Josep Ferrando Architecture, Director ETSA La Salle-URL, Director Centre Obert d’Arquitectura, Barcelona
- Fabrizio Gallanti, Director Arc en Rêve, Bordeaux
- Christophe Girot, Professor for Landscape Architecture, ETH Zurich
- Daniel Kötter, Filmmaker, Berlin
- Rahul Mehrotra, Principal RMA architects, Mumbai-Boston, Professor and Chair Department Urban Planning, Harvard GSD
- Isabel Concheiro, Editor-in-chief, TRANSFER
- Helen van Vemde, Founder, Sotto Voce Fondation
Organisation and contact
TRANSFER Global Architecture Platform
Oberdorfstrasse 8 CH-8001 Zurich
Comment as :