AZ Awards 2022
Register/Submit Deadline: Friday, Feb 25, 202211:59 PMEDT
The 2022 AZ Awards is now accepting entries into its eight major categories, from architecture, landscapes and urban design to interiors, product design and the A+ Award for best student work. It welcomes submissions until February 25 and – as ever – promises to attract entries from some of the most forward-thinking firms from all corners of the globe. Enter here!
AZURE’s annual awards program continues to grow in size, scope and momentum and is internationally recognized for its influence in the global design and architecture spheres. The AZ Awards is a significant benchmark for excellence, and is a unique opportunity for architects, landscape architects, urban planners, designers, students, clients and manufacturers, to receive the international exposure and acknowledgement that their exceptional work deserves.
In 2021, the program received 1,200 entries from 57 countries, from which the jury awarded 22 standout winners and 50 Awards of Merit. The range of work was as astounding as always, with honourees including Diana Kellogg Architects’ Rajkumari Ratnavati Girls School in Jaisalmer, India, LeuWebb Projects’ Thermally Speaking light installation in Toronto, Studio-MLA’s Upper Los Angeles River and Tributaries Plan and Castor Design’s Matheson Cookware. All awarded and shortlisted projects, products and ideas were celebrated online at the 2021 AZ Awards Winners Reveal. The Reveal experience can still be explored on the AZ Awards platform: https://awards.azuremagazine.com/awards-2021/
The 2022 jury, composed of internationally renowned practitioners in the areas of product design, architecture, landscape architecture and interiors, will convene in March to evaluate all entries. Past jurors have included Thom Mayne, Nader Tehrani, Nina-Marie Lister, Philippe Malouin, Marion Weiss, Omar Gandhi, Craig Dykers, Sou Fujimoto and Patricia Urquiola. Stay tuned to find out who the members of the 2022 AZ Awards Jury will be!
Winners receive the AZ Awards trophy, recreated annually by a prominent designer – in past years such luminaries as Luca Nichetto, Michael Anastassiades, Matt Carr, Philippe Malouin, Karim Rashid and Ini Archibong have designed trophies for the AZ Awards. Look for announcements later this year about the 2022 AZ Awards trophy designer.
Azure and its partners encourage design and architecture professionals, developers, urban planners, students and manufacturers to submit their work to the AZ Awards for an opportunity to step into the global spotlight, elevate their profile, and raise public awareness for their firm and their clients.
Submissions close Tuesday, February 25, 2022 (early-bird submissions end January 31, 2022).
Online entry portal and more information at awards.azuremagazine.com
2022 KEY DATES
- January 4 – Competition opens
- January 31 – Early bird deadline
- February 25 – Competition closes
- April 14 – Finalists announced
- April 14 – May 20 – People’s Choice voting
- June 24 – Winners are revealed Winners and finalists are showcased online and published in the AZ Awards Annual
The 2022 AZ Awards are open to:
- Designers and design firms from all disciplines
- Architects, landscape architects and architectural firms
- Urban planners
- Post-secondary students enrolled in design and architecture programs in 2021
- Clients and manufacturers
Projects must be completed by December 31, 2021
Products must be prototyped or in production
Concepts must have been developed or presented for the first time in 2021
- Architecture: Residential buildings; commercial and institutional buildings over 1,000 square metres; commercial and institutional buildings under 1,000 square metres; temporary and demonstration projects; adaptive re-use
- Landscape Architecture: Public and private landscapes
- Urban Design: Built and unbuilt multi-building development projects (commercial, residential or mixed-use); infrastructure; urban interventions
- Interiors: Residential spaces; commercial and institutional spaces
- Design: Furniture; furniture systems; lighting fixtures; lighting installations; interior products; architectural products
- Experiential Graphic Design: Wayfinding; sign programs; information and map design; experiential brand identity
- Concepts: Unbuilt competition entries; concepts/prototypes
- A+ Award: Projects developed by a student enrolled in a post-secondary design or architecture program in 2020. The winner will receive a $5,000 cash prize.
All entries may be considered for the Social Good Award and/or the Environmental Leadership Award by election. A winner in each of these two categories will be selected. Projects may be entered in one or both categories.
For the Social Good Award, projects must advance social equity and have a positive impact on the collective realm.
For the Environmental Leadership Award, projects must show sensitivity and respect for the use and management of natural resources throughout their lifecycle, especially with respect to materials and energy use.
The 2022 AZ Awards is presented by Caesarstone, Keilhauer and Landscape Forms.
Sponsors of the Winners Reveal are Scavolini and Dark Tools
Comment as :