UPDATE: Submission deadline has been extended to April 17.
Beginning Tuesday, January 18, Eastmanmanufacturer of Vanceva® Color interlayers for laminated glass, will accept nominations for its 2022 Vanceva® World of Color Awards™, an international design recognition program inspired by the liberal use of Vanceva in both exterior and interior architecture and design. Professional architects, interior designers, glass fabricators, engineers and other industry professionals may enter projects.
This competition spotlights the use of colored, laminated safety glass in building design and interior spaces around the world. The entry deadline to submit basic project information is Thursday, March 31, at 11:59 p.m. CST. There are no entry fees. Entries can be uploaded at www.vanceva.com/woca/submit-a-project.
A preselection process will take place with qualified project submissions on Wednesday, May 4. Final submissions will be due Tuesday, May 31, at 11:59 p.m. CST. Winners will be announced on Wednesday, September 21, and formally recognized during the glasstec International Trade Fair in Düsseldorf, Germany, Sept. 20–23.
“This competition puts glass at the forefront of design. Whether an innovative use such as the all-white facade of the 2020 exterior winner — the Kinder Building at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston — or an explosion of colors, the Vanceva World of Color Awards provides inspiration for other architects, designers and glass industry professionals to achieve their glass design goals,” said Priya Kalsi, global market segment manager for advanced interlayers for Vanceva.
Projects may be submitted in English, French, German, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese and Japanese. All submissions will be released on the Vanceva World of Color Awards website during April for the public voting period. Anyone can cast a vote for their favorite project at this time.
With Vanceva, architects and designers can feature glass more prominently in projects — from a whole new aesthetic to exterior and interior applications such as balconies, curtain walls, atriums, skylights, partitions, conference rooms and glass doors. Vanceva color interlayers also offer many of the benefits of polyvinyl butyral (PVB) interlayers for laminated safety glass, including security, solar control, sound insulation and UV protection.
- Submissions can be made electronically at www.vanceva.com/woca.
- All entries must include the liberal use of Vanceva laminated color glass products.
- Step 1. When entering a nomination, include the basic project details (project’s name, location, architect and glass laminator).
- Step 2. Once all nominations are submitted, they will be released together on the Vanceva World of Color Awards website for public voting. The voting period will be open April 1–30, 2022.
- Step 3. If your project is preselected, you’ll be asked to complete an in-depth questionnaire to give a descriptive overview of the project, explain your inspiration and vision, and provide further details.
- Include detailed photography of the glazing used in the project as well as additional photos that portray the overall scope of the project. Interior and exterior views are preferred if possible.
- Design studio sketches, drawings, and renderings that help communicate the location, form and function of the glazing in the overall design are also strongly encouraged.
- No entry fees are required.
- There is NO limitation on the completion date of the project.
- Projects submitted from previous Eastman competitions are not eligible for consideration.
- Any individual or group of individuals contributing to the design of a project may submit a nomination. Multiple entries from an individual or group are acceptable.
- Projects will be judged by an international jury and may be submitted in English, French, German, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese and Japanese.
- Winners will be determined by a jury panel made up of leaders from the international architectural and design industries. Winners will receive a glass display award and recognition in all media relations efforts associated with the competition.
Eastman Saflex® and Vanceva® PVB interlayers are some of the most trusted names in PVB interlayer technology for laminated glazing, delivering outstanding performance and durability and backed by reliable and knowledgeable service. As a result, Eastman interlayers are found in nearly 40% of laminated architectural and automotive glass worldwide.
Comment as :