WSCA is looking for ideas of new shop styles, new spaces for objects and people to come together.
As a Special Entry Category â€œLimited Time Pop Up T shirt Shop Design Awardâ€ will be held.
Submissions should be based on the premise that they can
be used for executing development of a shop for one of the WORLD Groupâ€™s brands.
WSCA will consider all submissions addressing any area of this business development process, including space design, installations for shop visuals, means of expression, etc. As such, WSCA will accept submissions on any scale, from partial propositions to total design concepts.
- Professional Competition Interior Design Category:
Floor space should be no greater than 170m2 (50 tsubo). There are no restrictions to the design, shape, or height.
- Professional Competition Shop Visual Design Category:
Means of expressing display ideas, installations within a retail space through the use of art, craft, graphics, structures, etc. Entrants are free to address any area of interest they choose.
- Student Competition:
There are no restrictions â€“ submissions may represent interior design or visual design propositions. Entrants are free to address any area of interest they choose.
*Entrants are free to decide whether or not they wish to specify a specific brand or shop name.
WSCA is looking for original ideas realized from taking an innovative perspective, and that are viable in a retail space.
- Special Entry Categories for â€œT shirt Shop Design Awardâ€
Designs for a Pop Up (limited time) T shirt Shop, including interior design, shop visuals, T shirt retailing ideas, and actual T shirt designs are welcome.
Entrants are free to address any or all areas of interest they choose.
Submission details will be posted on this site in early November 2009.
Naoto Fukasawa, product designer
Other jury members:
NacÃ¡sa & Partners: Takeshi Nakasa, photographer / Atsushi Nakamichi, photographer
Yasuo Kondo, interior designer
Jamo Associates: Norito Takahashi, designer / Chinatsu Kambayashi, stylist
graf: Shigeki Hattori, designer
WORLD Co., Ltd.:
Interior & VM Development Division / Product Development Division
- Professional Competition:
Interior Design Category - open number of winners
Shop Visual Design Category - open number of winners
Winners will be invited to be part of a new project development for WORLD, beginning in 2010.
*Although the WSCA is based on the premise that winning submissions will be realized, the project contract may specify changes in the submitted work due to the nature of the project involved.
*The detailed terms, timing, and form of the project will be determined subject to discussion between WORLD Co., Ltd. and the winner(s).
- Student Competition:
Student Grand Prize:
- 1 winner: Gift certificates worth Â¥200,000
Outstanding Performance Award:
To be awarded to submissions meeting the juryâ€™s selection criteria.
Open number of winners: Gift certificates worth Â¥50,000
This competition is open to professional as well as non-professional
entrants of all nationalities and ages. Entries may also be made by groups or
companies, in which case an individual from that group or company should be named
as the representative entrant.
For the student competition, a screening of qualifications applies. Post graduate students are welcome.
Each submission should be presented in no more than 4 files
*When printed, only the first 4 pages will be considered. Any additional pages exceeding this 4-page limit will not be considered as part of the submission.
Although there are no presentation style guidelines for the submitted work, proposals should be presented in such a manner that facilitates visualization of your idea.
Entry data should follow the format guidelines outlined below:
Acceptable file types: JPEG or PDF
*If submitting work in PDF form, any text included as part of the design should be outlined when you prepare your data.
File names: File names can be freely determined by the entrant.
File extensions (â€œ.jpgâ€ / â€œ.pdfâ€) are required.
*Please note that all file names must use standard single-byte Roman characters.
Amount of data: 1 entry (up to 4 files) should not be more than 8MB in total
Color mode: please use RGB
*Any data submitted in CMYK mode will be changed into RGB when it is received. This process may cause subtle alterations in color.
Winners will be notified by the middle of March 2010.
Winning entries will be announced on the official WSCA website set up within the WORLD Co., Ltd. homepage.
Winning entries will be announced on the WSCA2010 website in the spring.
Responses will not be made to any queries, objections, or requests for explanations regarding the judging or final results.
Opening: Friday, January 8, 2010
Closing: 24:00 Japan Standard Time (JST) on Friday, January 29, 2010
Submission Form link will be uploaded to this page upon entry period opening
- Submissions are limited to original, previously un-presented work.
- Please refrain from submitting identical entries to other projects or competitions.
- In the case of works which risk infringement on any copyrights, rights to likeness, trademark rights, design rights, or any other rights held by a third party, the entrant is responsible for obtaining any necessary permissions and stating all such clearances upon submission of the entry.
- As a rule, please refrain from using copyrighted images reproduced from sources such as magazines, books, or websites.
- Should any third party initiate claims of infringement of rights or should any other dispute arise, the entrant will be held responsible for addressing such action or dispute and shall bear any costs incurred, including any damages incurred by the competition organizer.
- Submitted entries will not be returned. If necessary, entrants should make and retain copies.
- Intellectual property rights (including copyrights) of submitted entries reside with the entrant. However, the competition organizer retains the right to publicly announce winning entries.
- While the copyrights of submitted entries reside with the entrant, the competition organizer retains the right to print, publish, include in websites, display, or otherwise announce any submission for the purposes of WORLD Space Creators Awards publicity.
- Only this website's page on 'ENTRY GUIDELINES' is offered in Chinese.
Other pages are only offered in Japanese and English. Requests for additional information, as well as your work's concept description and other comments should be made in Japanese or English.
Comment as :