International Architectural Thesis Award
Registration Deadline: Thursday, Aug 29, 20136:12 AMEDT
Submission Deadline: Saturday, Aug 31, 20136:12 AMEDT
Re-thinking The Future (RTF) was born from the idea of creating a new window on international trends in architecture and design that looks on to the solutions for the need of the era i.e., Climate Change. RTF is a hub of services for architecture and design. RTF is working to develop an architectural language that would ‘sustain’ and ‘survive’ the impacts of climate change taking sustainability one step ahead. This year RTF is presenting ‘INTERNATIONAL ARCHITECTURAL THESIS AWARD’ ( IATA) to give voice to young architects and creative people from all over the world and discovering a new talent.
Entries are invited from young architects recently graduated from all around the world. IATA will provide an interactive educational platform of the highest standard, acknowledging the projects amongst young and influential industry professionals.
Registration Begins 1st July 2013
Submission Deadline 30th August 2013
Winners Announcement 6th October 2013
No Entry Fees
Sustainable Design Thesis Award :
This award recognises the most environmentally sensitive project. Projects
that serve the need of the era, to fight the climate change with innovations
and technologies already known to us. Design that gives the new
directions and provide the new generation a food for thought.
Residential Thesis Award :
This award recognises the best residential projects that provide a comfortable
and attractive living environment for residents in their respective climates. Also design that defines the new standards for living, which could be either new technologies based or simply the use of wisdom.
Public/ Institutional Thesis Award :
This award recognises the architectural excellence for buildings or complexes
in public or private sector for education, government, social, cultural, health, religious or administrative purposes. Designs that seek the new architectural language to fulfil the functional requirements.
Transport Terminal Thesis Award :
This award has been instituted to recognise architectural excellence and
innovations in the Transport terminals such as Railways, Airports, Bus Stations,
Boat Piers, Port facilities etc. Projects that take the transport architecture
to a new level and define some new directions.
Mixed Use Thesis Award :
This award recognizes the year’s best mixed-use structure featuring a combination of one or more categories, such as hospitality and commercial or residential and commercial or a mixture of all the three categories.
Jury Members :
Anica Landreneau, Anna Haringer, Chitra Vishwanath, Daniel Bonilla, Francoise Helena Jorda, Imola Berczi, Imola Berczi, Jana Revedin, Jordan Goldstein, Mitchell Joachim, Narendra Dengle, Philippe Samyn, Romi Khosla, Shirish Beri, Sumita Arora, Vinod Gupta
Submission Requirements :
Submissions may contain any or all of the following, i.e. text, diagrams, plans, sections, sketches, photographs, graphics, collage etc, in a combination without restrictions that can convey the visual summary of the design intent of the entrant comprehensively illustrating the :
(i) Response to challenges outlined in the Hypothesis.
(ii) The emergence of unified and relevant image of Design
- Submission must contain Hypothesis (not more than 500 words) in .doc file.
- Max. of 6, A3 size sheets (420mm X 297mm), in horizontal format and submitted as digital, colored, high-resolution files, meant for printing in JPEG format needs to be upload at Re-thinking The Future Website prior to the submission deadline.
- Each submission must contain the ’Registration ID’ provided by the RTF at the time of registration, this ID must be written in bold Arial font, 15 mm in height on the top right corner of each submission entry.
- Submission must be free from any kinds of identifying marks, such as and including firm logos, name of participant.
- The submissions will ONLY bear the Registration ID, given to an entrant after their successful registration, as a means of identification and any other identifying mark will make the entrant liable for disqualification.
- Young Graduates and Post Graduates are invited for ‘International Architectural Thesis Award’.
- Entries are invited from all the nations.
- The projects submitted are considered by the author that submits the entry for the Award. Every violation of copyright will be punished with immediate disqualification.
- The works reached out of time will be excluded.
- It is absolutely prohibited the participation to the awards of a Jury member, a relative or a person or body connected professionally to the jury.
- Participation in the competition implies full acceptance of these rules.
Comment as :