We are glad to announce the International architectural competition for the central square of Bulgaria's second biggest city Plovdiv.
The call for projects says:
The Municipality of Plovdiv, Bulgaria and the One Architecture Week (the most significant Bulgarian architectural annual event) invite worldwide architects to participate in an open international competition for concept design. The competition is to outline the future of the Central Square in Plovdiv—an emblematic location where most of the significant historical periods of the city overlap. A solution for their untroubled co-existence is yet to be found.
Who can participate?
The competition is international and anonymous. Eligible for participation are Bulgarian and foreign architects or teams with at least one member who is an architect and in legal capacity to practice architectural design.
How will winners be selected?
The winners will be selected in two stages of evaluation.
Stage 1: The international jury distinguishes 3 finalists
Stage 2: Following a public discussion, the Municipality of Plovdiv selects the final winner among the 3 finalists.
How to participate?
Participation in the competition is free. No preliminary registration is required. Projects should be submitted online via special form on the website which will be accessible between 14 June and 22 June 2014.
The three finalists will receive financial rewards as follows:
First prize: 20 000 BGN (~10 000 EUR)
Second and third prizes: 10 000 BGN (~5 000 EUR)
- Saša Begović, 3HDL, Croatia
- Jeroen Zuidgeest, MVRDV, the Netherlands
- Elena Arguirova, Olivier Gahinet Architecture, France
- Ilko Nikolov, Chairman of the Municipal Council of Plovdiv, Bulgaria
- Roumen Roussev, Chief Architect of the Municipality of Plovdiv, Bulgaria
- Ljubo Georgiev, One Architecture Week, Bulgaria
Competition projects should propose:
- Ideas for the preservation, exposure and socialization of the archaeological cultural heritage
- Reorganization of the public space
- Development of urban design elements, green areas and paving
Competition website: http://plovdivsquare.com
Comment as :