The Lisbon Triennale seeks proposals for self-financed projects that relate to the central programming of its 6th edition, for the Autumn of 2022, and bear an independent and diversified character, essential for the living cultural mechanisms in the city and attentive to the liveliness of the debate around architecture.
We are looking for projects that stimulate and question the reflection on the theme for the 6th edition and enhance it, disclosing a broader creative and cultural view. The chosen proposals will be part of the official Triennale programme, sharing the international stage provided by the event with the central exhibitions.
The Triennale 2022, Terra, explores how new paradigms are changing our ways of place-making in a globalised Planet. In this predicament, architecture can ground us as much as it can elevate us. This concurrent background and foreground condition of architecture explores relationships and systems to enable change within a diverse set of socioeconomic conditions across the world.
Terra addresses how climate cha(lle)nges, pressure on resources, and socioeconomic and environmental inequities are profoundly intertwined. Understanding these complex situations requires a paradigm shift from a linear growth model (cities as machines) to a circular evolutionary model (cities as organisms).
The Triennale 2022 aims to create an open forum where multiple voices and perspectives can coexist beyond their apparent dualities, while celebrating daily life as well as aspirations for manifold futures in a diverse world. The four main exhibitions of the 6th edition of the Triennale are:Multiplicity
Curated by Tau Tavengwa and Vyjayanthi Rao
MNAC - National Museum of Contemporary Art
Curated by Pamela Prado and Pedro Ignacio Alonso
Garagem Sul – Centro Cultural de Belém
Communal by Design
Curated by José Pablo Ambrosi and Loreta Castro Reguera
MAAT - Museum of Art, Architecture and Technology
Curated by Anastassia Smirnova with SVESMI
- Individual, Collective, International. Proposals can be submitted by individual or collective applicants, from different background areas, knowledge fields, and nationalities.
- Connection to the Theme. They must bear a clear connection to the themes of the Lisbon Architecture Triennale’s 6th edition to enhance their debate, and can take any format (Exhibition, Conference, Workshop, Performance, Publishing, or Other).
- Location. The projects must take place in the Lisbon Metropolitan Area (AML).
In this edition, the Palácio Sinel de Cordes, headquarters of the Lisbon Triennale, is one of the venues available to host proposals that may be specially suited to that space, in limited numbers given the available area. See additional information about the Palácio Sinel de Cordes.
- Presentation Dates. Projects must occur during the 6th edition of the Lisbon Architecture Triennale, which takes place between 29 September and 5 December 2022. As for long-term events, the date on which the projects will be carried out must coincide for at least one week with the dates above.
- Funding. Projects must be entirely self-funded. The production, assembly, and disassembly, as well as the host venue and any related licensing, are the sole responsibility of the proposals’ authors.
- Business purposes. Projects must not be for profit or for commercial purposes. However, they may generate revenue, which should be used solely and exclusively to finance the proposed activity and stakeholders, without the purpose of accumulating capital.
- Projects will be disseminated in the different channels and means of communication and dissemination of the Lisbon Architecture Triennale, and respective media partners, benefiting from extensive exposure.
- Each selected project will have a communication highlight in one (1) of the nine (11) weeks of this edition. The week will be defined by the communication department of the Lisbon Triennale. Each project can be advertised on its own channels and materials, regardless of the Lisbon Triennale’s dissemination.
- Proposal’s connection to the theme of the Lisbon Architecture Triennale’s 6th edition, in conjunction with the sub-theme(s) in which it fits;
- Original idea, relevant and feasible project;
- Relevance of the project team and their partnerships.
Only one (1) proposal per applicant will be accepted.
There is no registration fee. Entries must be submitted through this form.
Comment as :