With the beginning of the full scale war in Ukraine, we feel the urgent need to preserve the identity of our heritage, and to popularize it in the world.
Architecture competition Reinterpreting the Space is looking for the conceptual ideas for revitalization the historical space of the Potocki Palace complex in Ivano-Frankivsk (Ukraine) with the creation of a public cultural space.
To adapt the complex open territory into a public space with multiple functions, preserving the existing historically formed structure.
The territory for developing conceptual proposals is divided into 3 parts and does NOT include buildings:
- transformative multifunctional central open public space
- semi-open architectural space with connection between buildings
- staff space
Proposed revitalization principles:
- variability of the space thereby it can be easily transformed to provide an individual, personal stay as well as social connections;
- preservation of the historically formed territory structure and the spirit of the place (genius loci);
- zoning of the territory in accordance with the formed ensemble structure and the developed concept of revitalization and development of the complex;
- binding the spaces in «the backyard» together along the perimeter by means of pavilion and landscape architecture, covering structures and transformative architectural structures;
- creation of the semi-open spaces between the buildings to provide a comfortable passageway and communication taking into account protection from atmospheric influences and all-season complex operation;
- organization of the multifunctional mobile open space within the central part of the park complex territory;
- safety of visitors due to the possible Russian missile strikes.
2nd place | 50 000 UAH (≈ 1 225 €)
3rd place | 30 000 UAH (≈ 735 €)
+ 3 Honourable mentions | 10 000 UAH (≈ 245 €) each
- Volodymyr Gaidar | Ivano-Frankivsk, Ukraine | director of the Munitipal Enterpris Space of Innovative Creativity PALACE, head of Ivano-Frankivsk regional department of the National Union of Architects of Ukraine.
- Larysa Polishchuk | Ivano-Frankivsk, Ukraine | representative of the customer, PhD in Architecture, cultural heritage protection specialist.
- Anna Serbin | Ivano-Frankivsk, Ukraine | representative of the customer, architect, cultural heritage protection specialist.
- Oleksandr Chyzhevskyi | Kyiv, Ukraine | head of The Architectural Chamber of the National Union of Architects of Ukraine.
- Kyle Gallagher | Ireland | landscape architect, Principal SKG Landscape Design.
- Natalia Mysak | Kharkiv-Lviv | architect, PhD in architecture, Spatial Practices Lab.
- Mariusz Scislo | Poland | vice-president of the Union of Architects of Poland, head of the FSP |Arcus|.
- Oksana Savchuk | Belgium | architect, researcher, Hasselt University.
- Artur Prokipchuk | deputy director of the Department of Urban Planning and Architecture of Ivano-Frankivsk City Council.
- Dariia Spytska | France, Paris | architect at Wilmotte & Associés Architectes.
- Constantin Gorcea | Romania | architect, certified specialist for historic monuments, President of the Romanian Chamber of Architects - North Eastern branch.
- Bohdan Goy | Ukraine, Lviv | architect in A7 Architects, PhD in Architecture.
Official languages of the competition | English, Polish and Ukrainian. Materials of competitive projects are submitted in electronic form.
12.07.2023 | initial data readiness stage | registration starts
30.09.2023 | h 23:59 GMT | registration deadline
30.01.2024 | h 12:00 – GMT | works submission deadline
05.02.2024 | jury meeting
12.02.2024 | announcement of Competition results | exhibition opening
Participation in the Competition is free. Competition participants do not pay the registration fee
More at https://picpalace.com.ua/contest
Comment as :