Colours and textures are the main DNA of interior design, significantly building character within a space. They play a crucial role in shaping the mood, visual appeal and functionality of an interior environment. As different colours evoke different feelings and moods, interior designers often use colour schemes to achieve specific effects and cater to the intended purpose of a space. Textures add tactile and visual interest to a space, providing depth and dimension, while also influencing how a space looks and feels.
BCI Interior Design Awards (IDA) 2024 calls for Interior Design Projects that showcase a masterful command over colour and texture, using them to give a relevant and creative statement to the space. The designs must also contribute to essential matters related to sustainability and provide a positive influence on users.
TASK Select one category to submit your Interior Design project:
• Individual houses (i.e., bungalows; detached houses)
• Multiple houses (i.e., apartments; lofts; co-living)
• Offices; co-working spaces; workplaces
• Retail malls; department stores; boutiques; showrooms
• Hotels; lodges; resorts; hostels; holiday villas
• F&B; restaurants; coffeehouses; cafes; bars
• Art & entertainment arenas; cinemas; theatres; museums; galleries; exhibition halls
• Healthcare; hospitals; clinics
* Similar project types will be judged together accordingly.
Projects must be completed between:
1 January 2022 and 31 December 2023
- Only completed projects are allowed; the space should be existing and functional (has not been closed down).
- Projects must be located in China & Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand or Vietnam.
Up to SGD18,000 total cash prizes to be won! Awards will be given to 1st, 2nd and 3rd Places, along with several Merits based on jurors’ selection.
Registration and submission deadline: 9 February 2024
To read the full brief, visit: https://www.constructionplusasia.com/my/ida2024/
Comment as :