How can we use design to open our cities, our landscapes, and our minds to a more symbiotic existence with other species?
LA+ CREATURE asks entrants to choose a nonhuman client and design something—a place, a structure, a product, a process, a system—to improve its life and increase human–nonhuman empathy. Your creature can be any species, any size, and live anywhere in the world.
The competition is open to students and professionals in all design disciplines and will be judged by an outstanding interdisciplinary jury comprising:
- Timothy Morton (philosopher and author of "HyperObjects" and "Dark Ecology")
- Kate Orff (Founding Principal, SCAPE, and designer of NYC’s “Living Breakwaters”)
- Jennifer Wolch (former Dean of Design, UC Berkeley, and coauthor of "Animal Geographies")
- Andrew Grant (Director, Grant Associates UK, and designer of Singapore’s iconic “Supertrees”)
- Farre Nixon (emerging designer at Kounkey Design Initiative)
- Chris Reed (founding Director, Stoss, and coauthor of "Projective Ecologies")
- Richard Weller (Chair of Landscape Architecture, University of Pennsylvania, and author of "The Atlas for the End of the World")
Five winners will share in US $10,000 and receive a certificate and feature publication in LA+ Journal's special competition issue, LA+ CREATURE. Ten honorable mentions will also receive a certificate and feature publication.
Submissions platform opens: August 1, 2020 (no pre-registration required)
Submissions Deadline: October 20, 2020
Winners Announced: December 8, 2020
For detailed brief, submission requirements, Q+A, and more see https://laplusjournal.com/LA-CREATURE_ABOUT
LA+ CREATURE open international design ideas competition
Comment as :