Call for program submissions are now open for the 19th annual Architecture + the City Festival. Festival programs currently will offer in-person and virtual experiences; programming subject to change based on COVID-19 protocols during the time event takes place.
- Submit a program proposal by creating an account and completing the submission form;
- Call for submissions is open to the public;
- Proposals will be reviewed and all applicants will be notified of acceptance or decline;
- There is no application fee to submit a proposal;
- Take a look at the 2021 Architecture + the City calendar of events for inspirations.
- Friday, March 18, 11:59 PM (Pacific Time): Deadline for submissions proposal
- March 21 - 31: Review process
- Friday, April 1: Accept/Decline notifications
Co-presented by the Center for Architecture + Design in collaboration with AIA San Francisco, the annual Architecture + the City Festival celebrates San Francisco's built environment through a variety of behind-the-scenes programs, walking tours, home tours, literature, exhibitions, and presentations. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Home Tours program has been revamped. Questions? Contact email@example.com.
The following are suggested topics to consider when submitting a program proposal. View the 2021 Architecture + the City Calendar of Events for inspirations.
- What has been the narrative of architecture and design amidst a global pandemic?
- How has architecture impacted you and the (re)use of space?
- How have you stayed connected during a time of separation and what types of architecture and design have you found inspiration?
- What challenges continue to be part of housing, climate change, economic and health equity?
- How do we design with connection in mind, that is human-centered and focuses on health, inclusivity and resilience?
- How can we seamlessly connect the present urban community to empower a more deliberate, livable San Francisco?
Each year the festival explores and reveals the many layers of San Francisco and how architecture and design play a key role in the ever-changing urban landscape. We look forward to hearing your programming ideas that reflect the current narrative.
Attendees are required to follow these protocols when attending all in-person Festival programs; you may also be required to fill out a contact tracing form in advance of any applicable programs.
- Stay 6 feet apart and social distance from other attendees;
- Wear a mask / face covering that cover mouth and nose;
- Wash hands often and/or use hand sanitizer;
- Stay at home if you're feeling sick or are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms;
- Continue to be apprised of local protocols by reading these COVID-19 Resources.
PROCEEDS All proceeds from the Architecture + the City Festival Home Tours benefit AIA San Francisco and the Center for Architecture + Design.
Additional details to be provided to selected projects; all programming is subject to change.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Comment as :