Architecture & Landscape Sketches
Best International School in Central Asia
Winning Award: $500, Merit Awards: $250
Deadline 18:00 Monday 10 June 2019 – Open Submission
Design Brief Specifications
Architectural and landscape sketches for international school buildings and facilities within a 5 to 10 hectare campus in Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic, including sports facilities and recreational areas.
Inspirational colour sketches using freehand or computer design, with minimum 3 different views to inspire an overall visual image meeting this design brief.
Bishkek International School (BIS) is a secular liberal, non-profit organisation, founded by parents to provide excellent international education in a happy environment for both international and local students at reasonable cost, including scholarship opportunities for those unable to afford full school fees. The school opened in September 2011 with 20 students and now has over 250 students from age 2 to 18 from over 30 countries, with scholarship students taking 60% of High School places.
BIS is a fully authorized International Baccalaureate, IB World School, offering the IB Diploma Programme, the IB Middle Years Programme, and IB Primary Years Programme. The school is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) Commission on International Education (CIE) to offer High School Diplomas, and by the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic Ministry of Education and Science for Grade 9 and Grade 11 examination for the State Certificate of Secondary Education. The school is also accredited as a Cambridge International School by Cambridge Assessment International Education. Students from the first graduating class in 2018 are now studying in universities worldwide, including the University of British Columbia, IE University in Madrid, University of Mannheim, and Leiden University.
See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bishkek_International_School and www.bis.kg for more information.
New School Campus
The current school site is at full capacity so we plan to move to a new campus in Bishkek within four years. The new campus will have at least 5 hectares of land and 15,000 sq metres internal space to accommodate up to 750 students, including boarding facilities for some of the international students.
· Green, natural, sustainable environment, zero carbon, zero waste.
· Natural materials, low maintenance, energy efficient, attractive & stimulating environment.
· Happy, creative, relaxing, inspiring, motivating.
· Inclusivity and diversity, open to different cultures.
· Inspiring architecture - modern, creative, colorful, personable, enduring.
· Excellent international education. Achievement. Success.
· Full facilities for all school activities, including math, sciences, creative arts, languages, humanities, community service, and sports.
We like some of the visual aspects of these examples:
Target Audience for the Architectural & Landscape Sketches
· Current and potential parents of Bishkek International School – aspirational.
· Philanthropists in KG and worldwide – inspire to donate for capital investment or scholarships.
· Developers – inspire to incorporate the school concept within larger development plans.
· Government officials – inspire for positive impact on environment, economy and public perception.
Design Competition Timing and Submission Requirements
Colour sketches using freehand or computer design, with high resolution images, renderings or mock-up photos, with minimum 3 different views, including at least one birds-eye view, facades, and landscape. All images in JPG with at least one image minimum 3600 x 3600 pixels and other images minimum 1800 x 1800 pixels.
Download the submission form here https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1x-MW10Jqtrm3AZp_pZOBscrEXSr-3H4g. Email the completed form, including links to pictures, to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline: 18:00 Monday 10 June 2019. Time zone Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic.
The BIS Governing Board nominated award committee considers your submission based on this design brief and uniqueness of the project. Awards will be announced in the first week of June 2019.
Purpose and Use of Winning Designs
Winning sketches will be used in a hard and soft publication ‘Design Concept - BIS Campus 2023’ in English, Kyrgyz and Russian versions, shared with target audiences over 12 months from June 2019.
· Parents commit to the concept and inspire others to support with funding or student enrolment.
· Philanthropists donate substantive funds to kick start the project.
· Developers are inspired to partner with BIS in developing a much larger site with 5-10 ha for BIS.
· Government officials commit land for development and smooth the approval processes.
Mirzat Osmonova email@example.com mobile/whatsapp +995 555 21 44 06. Tel +996 312 21 44 06.
More background - School Vision & Mission
BIS’ Vision is to be the best international school in Central Asia providing inspirational education in a happy environment for globally minded students who are the leaders of the future.
Our Mission is to enable our students to:
o Develop their intellectual curiosity and achieve their academic, sporting and creative potential;
o Be confident in their abilities and respectful of others;
o Learn about local and global issues and prepare to tackle common challenges.
In a school which:
o Delivers and celebrates excellent teaching for internationally accredited education;
o Values diversity and inclusivity;
o Promotes the well-being of the whole school community;
o Contributes positively to development of the Kyrgyz Republic.
Comment as :