Archiol Artuminate has organized this second edition of the sustainable architecture essay competition to spread awareness of the sustainable measures that the construction and building industry needs to adopt to mitigate the harmful impact on the environment.
“If humanity takes the planet down the tubes, I’m dead. I’m trying to save my ass. And that is a powerful force.” - Michael Reynolds.
Building and construction industry has a tremendous impact on the environment. This industry alone contributes up to 23% of air pollution, 40% of drinking water pollution, and 50% of landfill waste; thus, this particular industry crucially needs to adopt sustainable practices. Sustainable Architecture is an architecture design style developed following environmentally friendly principles.
Sustainable Architecture, also known as Green architecture, aims to minimize the number of resources consumed in the building construction, use, and operation. It also attempts to reduce the harmful effects on the environment. Sustainable architecture is a design style based on the idea of environmentally sound and resource-efficient buildings.
“I think it’s in bad shape. From the skies to the waters, to the happiness of people, the haves, and the have-nots. There are so many places on the planet that are trashed beyond repair. The oil spills, the junk, the sewerage, the radioactivity. It just keeps growing.” - Michael Reynolds.
To spread awareness of sustainable measures in the construction and building industry
Points to be considered:
- Understanding of Sustainable architecture
- The Necessity of Sustainable architecture
- Characteristics of sustainable architecture
- Components of sustainable architecture
- This competition is open to all.
- You can participate individually or as a team (Maximum 3 members in a team)
- Essay: 1500 -2000 words (Docx. / Docs. File – Title (Font style: Arial Black, Font size: 16), Essay body (Font style: Arial, Font size: 12) )
- A header image for the essay – 42 x 30 cm. (Illustrations, Graphics, Diagrams – JPEG. / JPG. format)
Email your submission to the details mentioned below:
- Email address: email@example.com
- Email Subject: SUSARE_your code
Registration deadline: 31st December 2022
Submission Starts: 31st December 2022
Submission Ends: 5th January 2023
Result Announcement: 10th March 2023
Winners (X3): Certificate of achievement + Publication + Interview
Honourable mentions (X3): Certificates + Publication
Shortlisted entries (X10): Certificates
*All the certificates will be attested and e-format.
Visit our website: www.artuminate.com
Click the competition banner:
Sustainable Architecture Essay – https://www.artuminate.com/annual-competition/sustainability-2022
Comment as :