The 14th International Architecture Exhibition at the Venice Biennale wouldn't be complete without its International Jury. Just recently, the Board of Directors appointed this year's jury members upon the recommendation of Biennale Director Rem Koolhaas.
The 2014 jury features:
- Kunlé Adeyemi (Nigeria) is a prominent architect with experience in India, Korea, Africa, and Europe
- Francesco Bandarin (Italy) is former director of UNESCO's World Heritage Centre and now UNESCO's Assistant Director-General for Culture and has been instrumental in developing heritage and preservation strategies worldwide
- Bregtje van der Haak (The Netherlands) is a prize-winning documentary maker with a longstanding interest in architecture
- Hou Hanru (China) was the co-curator of the Cities on the Move exhibition at the Hayward Gallery in 1999, and following his involvement at the San Francisco Art Institute is now artistic director of Maxxi - National Museum of XXI Century Arts of Rome
- Mitra Khoubrou (United Arab Emirates) is director of Dubai-based Pink Tank with extensive involvement in economic and cultural issues throughout the Middle East
The President of the Jury will be nominated during their first meeting.
The International Jury will attribute the following prizes:
- Golden Lion for a National Participation
- Silver Lion for a National Participation
- Silver Lion for a research project of the exhibition Monditalia part of Fundamentals
The Jury will also have the opportunity to assign a maximum of three special mentions to National Participations and a maximum of three special mentions to Monditalia’s research projects.
The awards ceremony will take place during the official opening of the Biennale on June 7, 2014 at 11 a.m. at the Giardini of la Biennale. The exhibition will open to the public starting 10 a.m.
Comment as :