The 2013 Bi-City Biennale of Urbanism\Architecture (Hong Kong) (UABBHK 2013) organized by the Hong Kong Institute of Architects (HKIA) in association with Hong Kong Institute of Planners (HKIP) and Hong Kong Designers Association (HKDA) is proposed to be held from December 2013 through February 2014.
The Curatorial Team led by Professor Colin Fournier is now pleased to announce open calls for the submission of proposals to the Biennale that respond to the theme “Urban Edge”. Please find the curatorial statement at: http://www.hkia.net/en/Events/action.do?method=detail&mappingName=LocalEvent&id=4028813c3f39daf5013f555e24c400a1
Incubation sponsorship shall be available to the qualified exhibitors based on the typology of production and setup. The below indicative figures are quoted with reference to previous experience of organizing Biennales for your reference only:-
Incubation Sponsorship (up to)
- Installation Art Display HK$50,000
- Digital Art Display HK$20,000
- Panel Display HK$10,000
The Hong Kong Exhibition venue will be confirmed in July 2013. The same as the past Biennales, the exhibition venue will not be conventional museum space and will be with different types of spaces including indoor and outdoor ones. The exhibitions will be designed by exhibition designer with exhibitors according to the site provided.
The overall theme for the Biennale is the “urban edge”. As you will note from the attached Curatorial Statement, we have interpreted this theme as a search for “The Ideal City”. Three initial elements of response to the proposed theme are as below.-
1. A written statement (between 500 and 1000 words).
In answer to the question: “What is the ideal city?”.
The Curatorial Statement provides further elaboration of this question.
2. A representative image of an ideal city, or fragment thereof.
In answer to the same question as above.
It can be your own original design or a reference; a plan, a line drawing, a 3D computer render, a sketch, a photograph, a still from a film, etc.
3. A summary description (between 500 and 1000 words) of the manner in which you might be interested to participate in the Biennale, beyond the short statement (1) and the representative graphic image (2) mentioned above: what would you wish to contribute and in what form?
- Each submission should also be with contact details and please state your copyright / credit of works and special request for assistance from Curatorial Team if any (e.g., shipping assistance, special types of space for displaying exhibit, etc.);
- At least one of the members in the Exhibition Team must hold full membership / fellowship of HKIA, HKIP, HKDA, or other equivalent accredited professional organizations in other cities and please state clearly in your submission;
- Any applicant is entitled to 2 submissions for consideration as an Exhibitor;
- The applicant should be either individual-based, team-based or practice-based;
- Submission(s) in sealed envelope marked "2013 Bi-City Biennale of Urbanism\Architecture (Hong Kong)" should reach HKIA Premises (19/F, 1 Hysan Avenue, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong) on or before Hong Kong Time 12:00noon, Saturday, 20 July 2013. Application by post should be post marked on or before the deadline. Late submissions will not be considered.
- Application sent by fax or by email will not be accepted.
Remarks: Selected applicants will be contacted on or before 20 August 2013 (Tuesday).
For enquiries please email to Ms. Yvonne God of HKIA Secretariat at email@example.com
Comment as :