Discover the magniﬁcent architecture and rich cultural heritage of New Orleans on an exclusive, ﬁve day tour with Architectural Adventures. From the famous Creole Townhouses and Cottages in the French Quarter and the spectacular homes in the Garden District to post-Katrina sustainable neighborhoods and some of the most important contemporary structures in the city, experience the myriad of architectural gems of the Crescent City. Join our Architectural Adventures expert on this exclusive exploration of the past, present, and future of New Orleans.
Learn more or call now to book! 1.800.293.5725
- Limited to 30 guests
- Led by Professor John P. Klingman
- Stay in The Whitney Hotel - on the National Register of Historic Places
- Just added: Private visit to the West Closure Complex, one of the largest pumping stations in the world.
- Just added: Visit the New Orleans Bioinnovation Center and the Rosa Keller Community Center with the architects Z Smith, AIA and Jason Richards, AIA from Eskew+Dumez+Ripple and gain unique insights into discuss the post-Katrina projects and their sustainable features.
- Just added: Visit the New Orleans Center for Design and meet leaders of the New Orleans Architectural Foundation and AIA New Orleans to learn about the role of these organizations in the community.
- Admire New Orleans’ most cherished neighborhoods on walking tours of the French Quarter, Garden District, Central Business District, and University District.
- Experience an exclusive visit to the U.S. Custom House with its famed Marble Hall, one of the ﬁnest neoclassical rooms in the United States.
- Learn of the architectural design of the National WWII Museum buildings with the architect, Ed Mathes, AIA, Chairman of Mathes Brierre Architects.
- Take an exclusive tour with one of the lead architects of the Gro Dat Youth Farm, a seven-acre urban farm in New Orleans’ City Park which utilizes sustainable architectural design.
- Visit the Sydney and Walda Besthoff Sculpture Garden Sculpture Garden of the New Orleans Museum of Art with architect Chris Loudon, AIA from Lee Ledbetter & Associates.
- Visit Jackson Square and the signiﬁcant buildings that surround it: St. Louis Cathedral, the Cabildo, the Presbytère and the Pontalba buildings - one of the great urban ensembles in the country.
- Explore the Garden District “the ﬁrst American suburb” with its gracious villas set on quarter-square lots, surrounded by lush landscaping with architectural styles including Greek Revival, Italianate and Gothic Revival.
- See some of the most recent post-Katrina rebuilding projects throughout the city, residential as well as institutional.
Comment as :