Sentei-me na praia
e quando dou pela coisa
o mar me beijava.
- Humberto del Maestro -
“And the sea kisses us…. and by love can kill us.”
The participants of this competition are invited to think and propose a work space organisation for the Lifeguard profession: The Baywatch Kit.
This is an international contest of ideas which must be made of a kit: a watch post and chair. The implantation must be a sandy beach area, neutral of any cultural aspect or geographical location, so that it could fit a beach in Barcelona, as well as a beach in Bali.
- The watch post should include at least 2 chairs / seats for 2 guards, indoors.
- Outdoors seating is allowed, as far as it guarantees the protection of watch guards from weather conditions or sun exposition.
- Visual access from the post should be 360 degrees.
- A watch post must have the capacity of being moved to different spots, by either a team of people, or by an appropriate machine.
- Must include a space (wardrobe / box) for one rescue board equipment (box dimensions: 3x0.6x0.3m.
- It must also include, preferably in inner zone, a compartment to store the basic kit for first aid, kit signaling, warm clothing, binoculars, flags, posters, etc.)
- The built-up area must be equal to or less than 4m2. You can multiply in height if justify.
- In order to increase the line of sight of the guards, greater visibility to the public and other services is recommended that the level of posts is at least 2m above ground level.
- Access to the inside of the post (ramp or stairway) must be easily accessible responding to emergencies that may arise.
- Must include a pole for one or two flags.
- Must provide an area where placing an informational / graphic panel visible from the outside (panel dimensions to be considered by the participant).
- Must provide numbering / code / name in graphic format that identifies the Kit / put on the outside / elevation to be easily identifiable by other services (police, fire, ambulance).
- Must include own Public Address System (PA)..
- Materials should consider structural strength from weather and vandalism.
- Proposals that consider sustainability issues will be considered positively.
3// WHO CAN JOIN
The call is public and to architect and product design students from around the world (bachelor, master or post-graduate). Also accepted for professionals that obtained their degree less than 5 years ago. Participation can be individual or in group (maximum of 5 participants per group). The group must have at least one student or professional (less than 5 years of practice) architect or product designer. The remaining members can be from other areas (artists, graphic designers, lifeguards, biologists and others who could be relevant to develop the proposal). Team members, with the exception of the head, can be changed until the day the proposal is submitted.
The individual or group participant may submit up to 2 proposals with the condition of contributing twice the entry fee. The participation in the contest is forbidden to any jury, organizer or somebody having direct professional relationship with them.
The winning entry will receive 300 euros / 380 US dollars.
The winning proposals, mentions and finalists will be considered by the Cruz Roja committee for his eventual construction.
The winning proposals, mentions and finalists will be considered for architectural publications and blogs.
Exhibition of winning entries, mentions and finalists may occurs, and will be communicated to the participants when the event arises.
* The value of the prize may be subject to withholding or tax payments under the laws of each country winner.
Entry period starts: 8th Octuber 2014
Registration deadline: up to 3rd December 2014
Submission deadline: up to 7th December 2014 until 24:00. (Madrid time)
The jury's decision will be released during the second half of December 2014.
The results will be posted on the Facebook Page of A:Circumference.
Detailed information: http://www.a-circumference.com/baywatch-kit-2/
Comment as :