Tamayouz invites students of architecture, urban design, urban planning, architecture technology and landscape design worldwide to register and submit their graduation projects. Winners will be selected by an independent, international jury that will review all entries. Prizes include a two year MSc Scholarship to the Polytechnic University of Milan, 2 X travel scholarships to attend the annual ceremony and the international design workshop, as well as medals for Supervisor of the Year and University of the Year. Winners of the first, second and third prizes, supervisor and university of the year, will be invited to attend the annual Tamayouz Excellence Award ceremony (incl. travel expenses via the travel scholarships).
ONLINE BRIEF HERE: https://www.tamayouz-award.com/international-graduation-projects-award.html
REGISTER HERE: https://www.tamayouz-award.com/register.html
---Aims and Objectives of Tamayouz International Award
- Aims to recognise and reward excellence in architectural design and education.
- Showcase young talents and support academics’ efforts of advancing architectural education worldwide.
- Promote a culture of excellence at an early stage amongst young designers to advance the profession of architecture professionally and academically.
- Exchange architecture knowledge, ideas and thoughts by providing a platform for discussions, observation and healthy competition.
Eligibility and Exceptions
All architecture, landscape, urban planning and architecture technology students are eligible to participate in the Tamayouz International and submit their graduation projects for this award as long as they are expected to graduate during the specified time period in the brief.
Individual students and teams are eligible to compete, as long as the submitted entry is final year graduation projects, only the Team Leader is required to register, the team leader is required to provide the names of the rest of the team members.
This award is an Open International Student Award, all final year architecture and architecture design technology students studying anywhere in the world are eligible to participate**.
If the student is selected as a winner, we will check their information with their university to make sure their are eligible to participate and the information provided is correct.
** The organisers of the award do not require approval from the universities for their students to participate, all what is required is a proof that the student is expected to graduate in the specified academic year.
Individuals and teams worldwide can register through our online REGISTRATION PAGE will receive an email containing their registration code and payment options.
Registration Fee for the Tamayouz International is $30 Early (Until May) / $40 (Until 15 August) / $50 Last chance (16 August - Submission), and it is non-refundable.
Institutional Registration Fees (See list of registered institutions)
If an Institution is interested in covering registration fees for its students, The Registration Fee is $500 and it covers the registration fees for all the students studying on their course.
Assessment Criteria for 2020
We are looking for aspirational and transformative projects tackling local and global challenges informed by a holistic understanding of context.
RELEVANCE: A declaration of conditions that set the contextual parameters of the proposal. Clarity of research process.
RESPONSE: Aspirational, transformative and original projects with a programmatic response to existing environmental, social conditions and local challenges. Clarity of design process.
RESOLUTION: A clearly declared architectural/urban intent and design vision. Spatial, material and technical realisation.
Submission deadline is 1 October, 2020 [midnight]. Participants will be responsible for the arrival of their proposals within the corresponding deadlines and no proposals will be accepted after the deadline. For Submission Materials, templates and guide please visit our Students Section Award's Rules and Regulations
- The official language of the Award is English.
- This is an international anonymous, single stage award open to students worldwide, all award submissions are to remain anonymous throughout the process and will only be identified using a registration code assigned by Tamayouz International during registration process. No entry will be reviewed or evaluated that contains any mark, logo or other identification or the identity of the individual or any member of their team.
- The identification of the 3 winners and 7 honourable mentions awarded will only be revealed after the jury evaluation period and at the time the award results are published on the Tamayouz Excellence Award Website.
Award submissions will be automatically disqualified if:
- any attempt of any form of communication regarding this award is made with a jury members or those involved with the preparation and organisation of this award;
- any submission is received after the deadline as stated on the award schedule;
- any submission panel includes any language other than English;
- any submission contains any mark, logo or other indication of the identity the author/s;
- any submission does not abide by the submission requirements and rules as stated in this brief
2020 Cycle Launch: January/2020
Early Registration Period: January/2020 - 30/April/2020
Standard Registration Period: 01/May - 15/August
Last Chance to Register Period: 16/August - 1/October
Start of Submissions Period: 01/June/2020
End of Submissions Period: 1/October/2020
Long-list Announcement: November/2020
Short-list Announcement: November/2020
Winner Announcement: December/2020
All Deadlines are 11:59pm GMT (London)
- 1st Prize: An MSc Scholarship for 2 Years at the University Polytechnic of Milan + Tamayouz Medal + Certificate.
- 2nd & 3rd Prizes: A $1500 Travel Scholarship for 7 days to attend the annual ceremony including: The Award Ceremony, 5 Days Design Workshop. The Scholarship Covers Accommodation, Flights and workshop fee for winners. *
- Tamayouz Supervisor of the Year: Given to the supervisor of the winning project or the supervisor with most entries supervised in the Top 10 Tamayouz Medal + Certificate
- Tamayouz University of the Year: Given to the university of the winning project or the university with the most entries in the Top 10 Tamayouz Medallion
- 7 X Honourable Mentions: Tamayouz Medallion + Certificate
- Shortlisted and long-listed entries: will be featured in online publications and social media pages
- The Ceremony: An invitation to attend the Tamayouz Award Annual Ceremony for the winners mentioned above (flight and accommodation costs covered by the organisers for the TOP 3 winners of Tamayouz International).
*Prizes are per entry, for team entries, prizes will be split between the team members evenly.
**The Travel Scholarship has a limit of $1500 per winning entry.
*If the winner of the 2nd or 3rd prizes are local to where the ceremony and workshop are held, they will be given the prizes in cash.
Comment as :