Join us on a journey through the worlds and narratives that straddle the increasingly blurry line between fact and fiction – the Stranger Than Fiction worlds that we all inhabit every day. The event will bring together writers, visual storytellers from film and vfx, and software designers to talk about the agency we have as architects and designers to speculate on and design the stories of our time.
- 4:00-6:30 PM: Presentations
- 6:30-7:30 PM: Mixer (Explore student work from the Summer Exhibition and CURRENTS, experience robotics and technology demos and view speaker work.)
Hosted by Natasha Sandmeier and the IDEAS Entertainment Studio
- Keely Colcleugh, Founder/CEO, Kilograph
- Aaron Koblin, Founder, Within
- Johannes Mucke, Founder/CEO, Production Designer, Wideshot
- Sally Slade, Lead AR/VR Developer, Magnopus
- Amalia Ulman, Artist, 'Excellences and Perfections'
- Ben West, Creative Director, Framestore
Event Details: The symposium will take place on the IDEAS campus near Culver City. Ample street parking is available in the surrounding neighborhood.
Questions? Call us at 310.825.7857
Comment as :