Heads up to our Angeleno readers looking for weekend plans, come to the opening reception of "Materials & Applications: Building Something (Beyond) Beautiful, Projects 2002 - 2013", taking place from 6 to 8 p.m at the University Art Museum in Cal State Long Beach.
Starting tomorrow, the M&A exhibition will feature works of the most active, up-and-coming names in California architecture. The show is free and open to all, and will run until April 13, 2014.
Catch a preview of the show right below.
"'Materials & Applications: Building Something (Beyond) Beautiful: projects, 2002-2013' is a survey of the last 11 years of landscape and architecture experiments at Materials & Applications. Spanning from the first groundbreaking party to the present (and beyond), models, prototypes, installation components, rare images and more reveal a multifaceted inquiry into the potential for new and underutilized approaches to transform the built environment.
From the cutting edge of smart materials, robotics, & computational design; to the underutilized traditional materials of bamboo, felt, and pressure-formed plywood, a handful of the California's top young architects helped cement M&A as a hotbed for innovative ideas."
- Benjamin Ball and Gaston Nogues
- Marcelo Spina (PATTERNS)
- Oyler Wu Collaborative (Dwayne Oyler and Jenny Wu)
- Jimenez Lai
- Rob Ley
- Doris Sung, with Ingalill Wahlroos-Ritter and Matthew Melnyk
- Gail Peter borden
- Layer (Lisa Little and Emily White)
- FoxLin (Michael Fox and Juintow Lin), NONDesigns (Scott Franklin and Miao Miao) and Brand Name Label (Gabriel Renz)
- Axel Kilian, and Darius Miller
- Jenna Didier with Ian Quezada and Daniel Ash
- Anja Franke, John Southern, and Nick Blake
- Edmund Ming-Yip Kwong
- Eddy Sykes
- Didier Hess with Workshop LEVITAS
- Francois Perrin
All photos courtesy of Materials & Applications.
Comment as :