In our most recent tidbit of Milan Expo 2015 news, eight finalist teams were shortlisted in the competition to design the UK's national pavilion, which is expected to build upon Britain's past spectacles like the 2010 Shanghai pavilion and the 2012 Summer Olympic Games.
The jury members -- who were also recently announced -- selected the following teams whose submitted proposals remain under anonymity. Each team's leaders are:
- Allford Hall Monaghan Morris and Studio Myerscough
- Asif Khan
- Barber & Osgerby
- David Kohn Architects
- Grant Associates
- Paul Cocksedge Studio
- Wolfgang Buttress Studio
Themed "Grown in Britain: Shared Globally", the UK Pavilion will highlight the country's contributions in research, innovation, and entrepreneurship to the global challenges addressed by the Expo's overall theme ‘Feeding the Planet, Energy for Life.’
Test your UK architect savviness by checking out the proposals below.
The competition jury features the following members:
- Andrew Summers CMG (Chair), former Chief Executive of the Design Council and current Chairman of Westminster Business School
- Moira Gemmill, Director of Design and FuturePlan at the V&A Museum
- Roddy Langmuir, Senior Director of Cullinan Studio and chair of design review for Architecture and Design Scotland
- Tom Aikens, Michelin star winning chef, author and restaurateur
- Melanie Leech, Director General of the Food and Drink Federation
- Michael Lynch OBE, UK Business Ambassador and Partner of Invoke Capital
- Lord Puttnam, Labour Peer, film producer and UK Trade Envoy to Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos
- Hannah Corbett, UK Commissioner General and Director, UK Pavilion Milan Expo 2015
The jury will also be advised by Christine Losecaat, Creative & Programme Director for the UK Pavilion Milan Expo 2015; John Foy, construction manager at UK Shared Business Services; and Malcolm Reading, architect and competition organiser.
The eight finalist teams will present their ideas and concept designs to the jury on May 1. The winner is expected to be announced later in the month.
Comment as :