Leading Canadian contemporary design magazine AZURE celebrates the best of cross-disciplinary design in their annual AZ Awards, now in its fourth year. As the only open international competition of its kind in Canada, the AZ Awards welcomed projects from designers, architects, firms, and manufacturers from all disciplines, and from students as well.
The competition pool had a huge start with 652 submissions from 36 countries. The jury then had the difficult task of drastically narrowing it down to a shortlist of 49 projects before the 13 winners were selected. The public also had the chance to participate by voting for their favorite projects in the People's Choice.
This year's international jury featured:
- Ron Arad, designer of Ron Arad Associates (London)
- Diego Burdi, interior designer of Burdifilek (Toronto)
- Jamie Gray, retailer of Matter boutique (New York)
- Patricia Patkau, Patkau Architecture (Vancouver)
- Charles Waldheim, landscape architecture chair of Harvard University’s Graduate School of Design (Cambridge, US)
Have a look at the winners below.
A+ AWARD WINNER (Student Award):
Comment as :