For the 11th edition of the AZ Awards, our star jury has chosen 72 finalists in 22 categories – including the all-new Urban Design section. These standouts, selected from 1,209 entries from 57 countries, represent the best in architecture and design globally.
Now entering its second decade, the AZ Awards is proud to announce the 72 finalists of AZURE’s annual international competition. Representing excellence in innovation, aesthetics and creativity, this selection was made from 1,209 entries from 57 countries. It includes finalists in the all-new Urban Design category, a recognition of the importance of socially and environmentally progressive urban schemes worldwide.
This year, the AZ Awards doubled its star power on the jury. The 10 adjudicators of the AZ Awards 2021 are Patricia Urquiola, Ini Archibong, Barbara Bestor, Sou Fujimoto, Gilles Saucier, Susannah Drake, Karim Rashid, Marc Ryan, Adelaide Testa and Paul Filek. They brought their expertise in various design disciplines as well as their passionate perspectives to the task at hand.
Alongside the finalist announcement, the AZ Awards is opening the portal for the People’s Choice, where you can now cast your votes for your favourites.
View a selection of this year's finalists below.
Architecture – Residential, Single Family
- i29 architects: Floating Home, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- NADAAA: Villa Varoise, Le Var, France
- Naturehumaine: Chalet au lac Memphrémagog, Memphrémagog, Canada
- Yasuyuki Kitamura Architects: House in Minohshinmachi, Osaka, Japan
- Powerhouse Company: Villa JM, North Brabant, Netherlands
- Perkins&Will: SoLo, Soo Valley, Canada
- BIG: Vancouver House, Vancouver, Canada
- Studio Jean Verville architectes: NMBHD, Montreal, Canada
- NADAAA: RISD North Hall, Providence, U.S.
- Alexander Gorlin Architects: Bell Works, Holmdel, U.S.
- Krueck + Sexton Architects: CME Center – Chicago Mercantile Exchange, Chicago, U.S.
- K-Studio: Dexamenes, Kourouta, Greece
The finalists will be celebrated – and the winners revealed – in a special digital presentation on June 25, as well as in the July/August issue of Azure. This special edition will be packed with the best in furniture, lighting, architecture, interiors and landscapes from around the world. Also included are visionary concepts, exciting temporary spaces and extraordinary student work.
Stay tuned for additional details on the 2021 AZ Awards Winners Reveal.
Media Partners: Archello, Archiexpo, Archilovers, Archinect, Archiproducts, Architect@Work, The Architect’s Newspaper, Architonic, Bustler, Design Week Mexico, Interior Designers of Canada, INDEX Design, Kollectif, v2com newswire and World-Architects.
Comment as :