The Dencity competition is back for round two, and the jury has just been announced. Organized by Shelter, DENCITY 2016 spotlights the increasing global problem of sub-standard housing conditions due to rapid urbanization in unplanned cities. The competition invites architects and designers worldwide to submit their ideas on how to handle and alleviate urban density, with no restrictions to site, program, or size. Last year's call for proposals attracted over 300 registrations from 50 countries, and also made it in Bustler's Top 10 Competitions of 2015.
Regular Registration is open until March 14. Thinking of signing up? Scroll down to see who will be evaluating this year's entries.
The 2016 jury:
- Andrew Balster - Executive Director for Archeworks
- David Cole - Director of Building Trust International
- Geeta Mehta - Professor at Columbia University, co-founder of URBZ
- Julia King - Architect and Urban Researcher, Emerging Woman Architect of the Year
- Katie Crepeau - Former Editor-in-Chief for Impact Design Hub
- Michael Murphy - Founder of MASS Design Group
- Peter Williams - Founder of Archive Global
- Robert Elkins - Winner of 2015 Dencity Competition, co-founder of OC Workshop
Comment as :