Every year, the Art Directors Club's Young Guns awards program recognizes rising creative talent who are younger than 30. But for its 14th edition, ADC decided to revamp the program to a curated invitation competition, wherein nominees are selected by an esteemed 40-person "cultural influencer committee” from 11 countries and who work in various disciplines. A jury panel of leading creative figures then selected the winners.
This year's winning class of Young Guns represent eight countries and creative fields like animation, graphic design, fashion design, food design, filmmaking, and more. They'll also be the first to receive a redesigned ADC Young Guns Award Cube that comes with a swanky set of headphones, which were created and engineered by Master & Dynamic.
Awards will be presented during the ADC Young Guns 2016 celebration and party on September 22 at the ADC Gallery in New York. On top of that, the Levine/Leavitt Artists in Residence winners will be announced during the event.
Scroll down for a list of the winners.
- Becky & Joe (Becky Sloan and Joe Pelling), animators, directors, Becky and Joe, London, UK
- Jack Beveridge, senior creative, multidisciplinary designer, Google Creative Labs, London, UK
- Florian Born, interactive designer, Berlin, Germany
- George Michael Brower, interactive artist, Always & Forever Computer Entertainment, Brooklyn, NY, USA
- Sean Buckelew, animator, Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Santiago Carrasquilla, designer, animator, filmmaker, Brooklyn, NY, USA
- Daniels (Daniel Kwan and Daniel Scheinert), directors, PRETTYBIRD, Culver City, CA, USA
- Pablo Delcan, graphic designer, Delcan & Company, New York, NY, USA
- Vika Eksta, photographer, Graveri, Aglonas novads, Latvia
- Laila Gohar, food designer, Sunday Supper, New York, NY, USA
- Coralie Gourguechon, interdisciplinary designer, Fabrica, Treviso, Italy
- Rachael K. Harvey, executive creative producer, environments, Airbnb, San Francisco, CA, USA
- Joe Hollier, multidisciplinary designer, Light, Brooklyn, NY, USA
- Kerby Jean-Raymond, fashion designer, Pyer Moss, Queens, NY, USA
- Ann-Katrin Krenz, interactive designer, programmer, schnellebuntebilder, Berlin, Germany
- Raven Kwok, creative programmer, generative designer, visual artist, computational artist, Los Angeles, CA, USA
- John Lisle, illustrator, Brooklyn, NY, USA
- Lauren McCarthy, multidisciplinary artist, Brooklyn, NY, USA
- Ezra Miller, interactive artist, Chicago, IL, USA
- Nonotak (Noemi Schipfer and Takami Nakamoto), digital artists, fine artists, performance artists, Nonotak, Paris, France
- Clement Pascal, photographer, Brooklyn, NY, USA
- Danit Peleg, 3D fashion designer, Danit Peleg 3D, Tel Aviv, Israel
- Nejc Prah, graphic designer, Ansambel, Bloomberg Businessweek, Brooklyn, NY, USA
- Hassan Rahim, graphic designer, 12:01, Brooklyn, NY, USA
- Elaine Sheldon, documentary filmmaker, Requisite Media LLC, Elkview, WV, USA
- Martin Stirling, filmmaker, Stirling Studios, Northampton, UK
- Toph Tucker, web programmer, front-end engineer, Kensho, Brooklyn, NY, USA
- Max Weisel, interface designer, developer, creative coder, Normal VR, San Francisco, CA, USA
- Scott West, art director, artist, Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Merel Witteman, art director, KesselsKramer, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
You can learn more about the winners here.
All photos courtesy of ADC.
Comment as :